Kegerator Capacity Adjustment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Sanyo 4912 that I converted into a kegerator recently. Currently two 1/6th barrels fit snuggly inside; however, I had always planned on putting a slim 1/4 and a 1/6 keg in there. Now I am considering the possibilities to still make this happen. Would it be possible to shave 1” of insulation from the left and right sides of the inner wall to fit the contours of the kegs without overrunning the compressor? Currently the thickness on the side walls is at around 2”.

Unless I'm missing something you wouldn't be just "shaving insulation", you'd be removing the liner to get to said insulation. I could see all kinds of mold issues in the future if the liner is removed.

What some folks have done is to attach a collar to the chassis and reattach the door to the outside of the added collar. This adds the volume needed to fit an extra or larger keg...

Cheers!

Unless I'm missing something you wouldn't be just "shaving insulation", you'd be removing the liner to get to said insulation. I could see all kinds of mold issues in the future if the liner is removed.

What some folks have done is to attach a collar to the chassis and reattach the door to the outside of the added collar. This adds the volume needed to fit an extra or larger keg...

Cheers!
Brilliant idea! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back