Just bought a Chugger SS center pump. Need help with fittings...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkUncle

Reaction score
I just bought a Chugger, namely this model:

http://www.chuggerpumps.com/product.php?prodid=223

I bought this due to wanting to begin brewing 10 gallon batches with my 2 Keggles and lifting these will be nigh impossible.

I would like to get quick disconnects on the pump, hopefully stainless steel. The pump has a 3/4" inlet and 1/2" outlet according to the pump description. Could someone please point me in the right direction for getting some fittings for this? I'm not much of a plumbing guy so this will be another learning experience for me.

Thanks,
Chris

I got those kits, IMHO they are the best. I know it's a lot of money but all the fittings are full port and cool as heck to use. Get the one for center inlet. Chugger has sales so get on their mailing list.

My first Chugger pumps had the 3/4" inlet. I plumbed them down to 1/2" to accept my 1/2" hoses. Pump would start cavitation, overheat, and shut off. Switched to 1/2" inlet pumps and all worked fine since.

I can't recommend camlocks enough. I debated about using them or going with the cheaper poly disconnects. Spend the money now, they work well and are heavy duty.

I use camlocks on the output side and barbs for the hose on the inlet side. Ball valves on the outlet of the kettle and outlet of the pump. I had a problem losing prime during a vigorous boil (and burning my beer!) but learned through someone's suggestion to throttle the outlet and no repeat yet.

Bargainfittings.com is another good one.

Back