Julius Clone by Trinity Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...ouse-how-to-identify-and-characterize.623221/

See you in a week!

J/k, if you go towards the later half of the thread, there’s some really good info in there. Long story short is that the ratios in that post are quite a bit higher than what most found optimal.

I tried it myself (50/25/25) and the beer was muted on the hop aroma front, but tasted like passion fruit juice. Not what I was expecting, but still good. I still prefer keeping it simple with WY1318 fermented warm, but I’d like to experiment with dry yeast again in the future.

EDIT: I just looked at the comments in that blog post and it looks like Marshall updated his recipe, so it’s closer now to what’s talked about in the thread.

Last edited:
I have the ingredients to brew it but will only be using one yeast strain. Hoping to brew it Saturday but with an Easter dinner here Sunday, we'll see.

Funny how the guy at TrinityBrewers takes credit for the S-04/T-58/WB-06 yeast trio. Check out the link Isomerization posted.

Btw, I’ve had excellent success with the info posted in that thread. It’s very long but a good read.

Read this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...ouse-how-to-identify-and-characterize.623221/

See you in a week!

J/k, if you go towards the later half of the thread, there’s some really good info in there. Long story short is that the ratios in that post are quite a bit higher than what most found optimal.

I tried it myself (50/25/25) and the beer was muted on the hop aroma front, but tasted like passion fruit juice. Not what I was expecting, but still good. I still prefer keeping it simple with WY1318 fermented warm, but I’d like to experiment with dry yeast again in the future.

EDIT: I just looked at the comments in that blog post and it looks like Marshall updated his recipe, so it’s closer now to what’s talked about in the thread.

Interesting, thanks a bunch! I can't wait to delve through all of this. I've used 1318 in the past but I've never said "wow it tastes like treehouse."

When you made the recipe did you single dry hop? It seems like you would get less aroma vs a double just because of the nature of it.

Interesting, thanks a bunch! I can't wait to delve through all of this. I've used 1318 in the past but I've never said "wow it tastes like treehouse."

When you made the recipe did you single dry hop? It seems like you would get less aroma vs a double just because of the nature of it.

In theory, if the amount of hops is the same, it should be very similar. I’ve personally not seen a difference splitting into 2 additions versus all at once, so I just do a single one now when there 5ish points of gravity left to go in order to help scavenge O2 while minimizing aroma blow off.

Back