Jolly Pumpkin Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Clementina? Sounds like a super version of a gose.

On another note I just grabbed LA Roja kreik and rojzilla today. Pretty excited to try those.
it was on draft last year and was good, but pretty mild citrus flavor. it'll be interesting to see how the bottles are--hoping they've got a little more citrus and funk than the draft did. at worst, it's a very easy drinker. i'll report back once we crack a bottle.

just opened one and its very solid! like cneville said, its a very easy drinker but could use a tad more clementine and funk. i feel like citrus sales guy would of fit the bottle better maybe.. i really liked that one!

speaking of funk, that bottle of cuvee rene i opened with cneville was fantastic! smelled like a musty library book.. yummy!!

so i don't know if other chicagoans have been paying attention, but sea buckthorn, innovator man, and hamajang have all hit distro. there were enough bottles kicking around that you probably don't have to rush. they also rereleased rojzilla and roja kriek.

oh, and what was totally unexpected? oro de calabaza grande reserve also hit distro a couple days ago. i got one. we are so goddamn spoiled here.

Saturday May 21st, beginning at noon we will be releasing two one-time only bottles. The first, No Ka `Oi, brewed for our friend Gabe Fletcher of Anchorage Brewing Company. This wild ale was brewed with all Michigan Hops, raspberries and lime peel. The second, Vestuvinis Alus, is a sour session IPA with strawberries, coriander, lime peel and sea salt. Vestuvinis Alus is a wedding ale brewed for our Logistics and Safety Manager Brian Manitz. Bottles will be $13.99 and have no bottle limit. Come early or risk missing out on this special pub only releases.

see ya'll at null on the the 21st!

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Vintage Reserve Series"? I was up at the Traverse City location this past weekend and picked up bottles with these stickers (brown rectangle that has the year and "Vintage Reserve Series" above the normal label) but haven't been able to find out anything about what creates this designation.

I can probably guess, but part of my confusion is that I picked up Luciernaga versions with and without the sticker even though they have the same date on the back. I'm guessing the issue here is just error on the part of the person who checked dates and labeled them, but I'm curious for any feedback in general.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Vintage Reserve Series"? I was up at the Traverse City location this past weekend and picked up bottles with these stickers (brown rectangle that has the year and "Vintage Reserve Series" above the normal label) but haven't been able to find out anything about what creates this designation.

I can probably guess, but part of my confusion is that I picked up Luciernaga versions with and without the sticker even though they have the same date on the back. I'm guessing the issue here is just error on the part of the person who checked dates and labeled them, but I'm curious for any feedback in general.
As far as I'm aware; the only difference is that it's stock that JP hung onto and released out later; whether that's a conscious decision or just a matter of having excess stock, I don't know. Not sure what the years on your two are, but what could have happened is they set out the one prior to adding that label, then set out the other with the label at a different time some months later. I think that's the only difference, I haven't seen a price change or anything like that.

As far as I'm aware; the only difference is that it's stock that JP hung onto and released out later; whether that's a conscious decision or just a matter of having excess stock, I don't know. Not sure what the years on your two are, but what could have happened is they set out the one prior to adding that label, then set out the other with the label at a different time some months later. I think that's the only difference, I haven't seen a price change or anything like that.

That all makes sense. It was a $1 up-charge at the brewery for them. All the ones I purchased are 2014 (Luciernaga and Fuego, though based on Untappd there are also Parcela bottles with the label).

Wow, that's great.

Now available for our brewery patrons. Get the same experience as our customers in the rest of the country and try your favorite Jolly Pumpkin beers shelf aged to perfection.

Not sure about all the new beers, but the core lineup is always better with 18-30+ months in the bottle.

Wow, that's great.

Now available for our brewery patrons. Get the same experience as our customers in the rest of the country and try your favorite Jolly Pumpkin beers shelf aged to perfection.

Not sure about all the new beers, but the core lineup is always better with 18-30+ months in the bottle.
exactly what i thought when i first saw it. fwiw, the dexter brewery charges the same price, and i've seen these versions in bottleshops, at least around ann arbor. at trivia one night, we won a 3 year vert of noel de calabaza, two of which were stickered.

not sure if there are any members close to the location in Traverse City but the squirrel will be drinking there at some point today if you want to meet up and have a beer, cheers.
They have a beautiful location up there.

Heard there is going to be a JP in bay city:) super excited for that news !!!
I'm kind of surprised they haven't opened up anything on the west side of the state yet.

I don't have facebook or twitter and I don't want to rely on BA for information on this release.

If ya hear somethin', say somethin'!

BT-WVoQCQAA2BEB.jpg

Labeled on 9/27, 52 cases. No release date as of 9/30.

BVMA9joCQAAMT7W.jpg:large

(Also, I am still ISO the regular version of this)
we've come full circle! release 12/9.

https://calendar.google.com/calenda...erica/New_York&sf=true&output=xml#eventpage_6

i really love JP but i can't imagine sobre GR actually being any good. in bottles, the regular version was great fresh but just got more and more acidic as it aged and lost the complexity that the fresh beer had. i can't possibly imagine that extra time in oak or in the bottle would actually have helped it any.

was hoping to sneak out of work but that's not in the cards...did you try it? is it any good?
I thought it was good at zwanze but its not what most would expect anymore. Let me know if you miss out and ill gladly give u one to try!

i hope that's a new batch, because fresh batch 1 was really ****ing good. it didn't age all that well though, all the flavours just kind of ran together into nothing but sour.
it is. think it's seeing full distro too, doesn't sound very limited but i'll find out more tomorrow.

Has it been mentioned that plans/zoning are in the approval process for a JP taproom in Grand Rapids? It will be on the Bridge Street corridor near the new(er) Harmony Hall and New Holland Knickerbocker. They will make a nice addition to our local scene. I just hope someone puts up a 10 story parking garage down there soon because parking is a serious issue in that particular area.

Latest posts

Back