Jaryllo/Motueka/El Dorado IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeknom366

Reaction score
I'm planning to make an IPA with jaryllo, el dorado, and motueka. I have a fairly good malt bill I've used several times for IPA's, landing me around an OG of 1.090. My current schedule is as follows:

65 IBU bittering - whatever is on hand, probably Columbus
1 oz each of jaryllo, el dorado, and motueka at flame out, probably delaying the chill for 20-30 minutes.
1 oz each of jaryllo, el dorado, and motueka, dry hop for 4 days.

I will be using harvested Conan yeast to ferment.

Anyone have experience with jaryllo? Ideas on this hop combo? Improvements?

Jaryllo is orange, pear and spice from my results with it. Its not very assertive, despite its aa%. I remember reading somehwere the breeders specifically said its not exaclty suited for IPAs

That being said, some of my favorite hops to use in IPA arent meant for them. YOu just will need a lot of them. I think El Dorado will outshine both Mouteka and Jaryllo

Well, I have 2 oz of el dorado and motueka, but 4 oz of jaryllo. I could adjust el dorado down and up to double the jaryllo.

I have also read jaryllo is not an IPA hop. However, I used galena as a late hop and it turned out well. I'll try this anyway, for science!

Back