Quantcast

I've Been Recruited!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I was at a Halloween party last night and a friend asked me to brew some beer for their 25th anniversary party next summer. They want 20 gallons of brew. I thought that was a nice compliment!

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome - What are you going to make for the event?

Try making my Miller Light Clone or BierMunchers 3-Crop.

My Tasmanian beer is a good light one too. Look at my recipe drop down. The good thing here is you have time to test your beers.

I would have 10-15 gallons of a lighter beer then the rest a specialty style. Maybe something ethnically appropriate for the beer geeks. If they are Irish, a stout or red ale or whatever.

OP
Bernie Brewer

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I already have a BMC clone recipe (this one), but I'm not going to brew it, because they are also going to have a couple half-barrels of BMC.
So I am going to make ten gallons of an American Amber, and ten gallons of something a bit lighter, maybe a kolsh or APA. Or possibly an American wheat. I have plenty of time to decide.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
That's great...way more cool than winning a contest in my book. :rockin::D

I've been asked to brew 15 gals for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding party (since private beer can't be consumed at the reception). ;)

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a Halloween party last night and a friend asked me to brew some beer for their 25th anniversary party next summer. They want 20 gallons of brew. I thought that was a nice compliment!
Is your friend a beer geek? If he is, make something that he can drink at the 25th & 30th. Like a BW or Imperial IPA, Weizenbock. It might need to be a smaller batch though....

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been brewing up for NYE, I took 4 kegs last year... figure Ill do the same this year! Everyone is always impressed (except the hot women...)

OP
Bernie Brewer

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
Bump. Well, I have all the beer into fermenters. Brewed the amber today This One and did the Kolsch yesterday.

:off:
FWIW, I used kolsch yeast that I washed over a year ago. A few days on the stir plate and into the beer. I had visible fermentation after a few hours, and today, 24 hours after pitching, it almost blew the airlocks off of my fermenters. So who says yeast doesn't keep?????

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm brewing a cream ale tomorrow for a summer retirement party. I think I'll brew an oatmeal stout, too, but only three gallons, in a week or so for the same party.

I keep my washed yeast a long time, and as long as it smells good and it is active, I use it.