I've Been Recruited!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I was at a Halloween party last night and a friend asked me to brew some beer for their 25th anniversary party next summer. They want 20 gallons of brew. I thought that was a nice compliment!

Awesome - What are you going to make for the event?

Try making my Miller Light Clone or BierMunchers 3-Crop.

My Tasmanian beer is a good light one too. Look at my recipe drop down. The good thing here is you have time to test your beers.

I would have 10-15 gallons of a lighter beer then the rest a specialty style. Maybe something ethnically appropriate for the beer geeks. If they are Irish, a stout or red ale or whatever.

I already have a BMC clone recipe (this one), but I'm not going to brew it, because they are also going to have a couple half-barrels of BMC.
So I am going to make ten gallons of an American Amber, and ten gallons of something a bit lighter, maybe a kolsh or APA. Or possibly an American wheat. I have plenty of time to decide.

I was at a Halloween party last night and a friend asked me to brew some beer for their 25th anniversary party next summer. They want 20 gallons of brew. I thought that was a nice compliment!

Is your friend a beer geek? If he is, make something that he can drink at the 25th & 30th. Like a BW or Imperial IPA, Weizenbock. It might need to be a smaller batch though....

Ive been brewing up for NYE, I took 4 kegs last year... figure Ill do the same this year! Everyone is always impressed (except the hot women...)

Bump. Well, I have all the beer into fermenters. Brewed the amber today This One and did the Kolsch yesterday.

:off:
FWIW, I used kolsch yeast that I washed over a year ago. A few days on the stir plate and into the beer. I had visible fermentation after a few hours, and today, 24 hours after pitching, it almost blew the airlocks off of my fermenters. So who says yeast doesn't keep?????

Looks good! I'm brewing a cream ale tomorrow for a summer retirement party. I think I'll brew an oatmeal stout, too, but only three gallons, in a week or so for the same party.

I keep my washed yeast a long time, and as long as it smells good and it is active, I use it.

Back