It's brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today will be my third brew day.

I finally seem to be getting my stuff together. I've been back from Afghanistan for seven months, now. When I got home I had a spare room full of parts and supplies and a 24 cu ft freezer. Things have been very busy with a new baby and buying a new house, but things finally seem to be falling into place.

I've finished my keezer.

I'm kegging my NB bourbon barrel porter, today.

Brewing some Caribou Slobber.

Ordering two more kits.

Next Friday I will be brewing the Peace Coffee stout porter and for the first time, I will be brewing while drinking my homebrew.

I'm on track to have all four taps running for my birthday cookout in April.

Hopefully all goes well and I can get my pipeline truly up and running.

It should be a very good day...

It's a good feeling when you can run on auto pilot and stop running for your "How to Brew" after every step. Enjoy the pipeline!

A word of advice on said pipeline. Don't forget the importance of brewing a lot of go-to beers (APAs, IPAs, whatever you like). I'm at the point where I have a lot of my "experimental" beers that are ok, but not disappearing fast enough. All my session or more normal styles are about to dry up.

I would kill for a 5 gal batch of APA to be conditioning right now...

I agree with Maxam, I have a year of brewing under my belt now, and I've tried all kinds of fun a crazy brews. But I keep coming back to a solid IPA, or Pa also. I try to now brew those in 10 gallon batchs, but they still don't last very long.

I'm brewing too right now! Doing an all cascade IPA :D

Currently mashing and heating sparge water, going to pick up a sandwich in 5min...

It's a good feeling when you can run on auto pilot and stop running for your "How to Brew" after every step. Enjoy the pipeline!

A word of advice on said pipeline. Don't forget the importance of brewing a lot of go-to beers (APAs, IPAs, whatever you like). I'm at the point where I have a lot of my "experimental" beers that are ok, but not disappearing fast enough. All my session or more normal styles are about to dry up.

I would kill for a 5 gal batch of APA to be conditioning right now...

Great advice. I need to make every other beer an APA because they tend to get drank on a regular basis

We love Bell's Two-Hearted ale and my first batch was NB's Three Hearter Ale. It was a hit. I'm ordering one of those kits, today. Probably their fat tire clone, as well. I have a feeling the three-hearted will eventually have its own dedicated tap in my keezer.

I'm kinda disappointed in the results I had, today. I figured I'd try using a hop bag to try and cut down on the amount of stuff I need to avoid fermenting. I guess I was naive and believed I would not have to siphon and just dumped the pot into my primary bottle. Well, I was wrong. There was tons of stuff left over. I had to clean my other bottle out from earlier so I could siphon todays brew into it in order to get the hops out. Then I'm gonna have to rinse that bottle out and transfer it back.

Oh well. Learning experience, right? lol

Latest posts

Back