iSpindle - DIY Electronic Hydrometer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

HarryB

Reaction score
Too be honest, I don't know what the version number I installed was - I have since bought myself a new laptop and my new one does not have a copy of the fimrware on it, to be able to check which version I installed. Thanks, I will try installing that 1.1 version and test again.

DuncB

Reaction score
@HarryB my software version says 4.0 so I'm not convinced.
There is something on the Gers site re the repeater for wifi only that mentions about power supply issues causing problems and I will update.

HarryB

Reaction score
I unfortunately managed to snap the socket off from the repeatidor, when trying to plug it into my USB to update it, so for now it has to wait until I have the patience to try to resolder it back in place.

I ought to have run some hot glue around the socket to help support it, before this - it is not the first one to give way under the strain of plugging and unplugging :-(

HarryB

Reaction score
I have just noticed that a new version V1.2 has appeared on the site, which seems to suggest it addresses the wifi issue.

DuncB

Reaction score
@HarryB
Well spotted, I even reinstalled the old one again a couple of days ago, I really should try and read better.
I'll load it up and see how it goes.
He'd even told me about it didn't he I just failed to follow the clues.