Too be honest, I don't know what the version number I installed was - I have since bought myself a new laptop and my new one does not have a copy of the fimrware on it, to be able to check which version I installed. Thanks, I will try installing that 1.1 version and test again.
I unfortunately managed to snap the socket off from the repeatidor, when trying to plug it into my USB to update it, so for now it has to wait until I have the patience to try to resolder it back in place.
I ought to have run some hot glue around the socket to help support it, before this - it is not the first one to give way under the strain of plugging and unplugging :-(
Well spotted, I even reinstalled the old one again a couple of days ago, I really should try and read better.
I'll load it up and see how it goes.
He'd even told me about it didn't he I just failed to follow the clues.