is this powdery mildew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neomantra

Reaction score
I have been looking at different threads and also found this: http://www.uvm.edu/extension/cropsoil/wp-content/uploads/PowderyMildew.pdf.

It doesn't seem to look exactly the same though. Is this likely to be mildew? Or something else?

Underside of some leaves:
20130709_091227.jpg

On the actual bines:
20130709_091156.jpg

No, that is not Powdery Mildew. Looks like maybe bird poop, or slime leftover from a slug walking across your plants.

Nothing to worry about.

Definitely not bird poop as it mostly appears on the underside of leaves. I haven't seen any slugs but that doesn't mean they aren't around I guess. Good to know it's not mildew though, thanks.

That seems like a good possibility. Fortunately the treatments (spraying with a hose, wiping it off, spraying with soapy water) overlaps pretty well with what I was doing to deal with what seemed to be an aphid issue as well. It's hard to tell 100% whether the aphids are gone since the leaves were already damaged by them, but I see no more traces of this white gunk shown in the picture anymore. Also, cones seem to be growing. :)

Latest posts

Back