Is my mead ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alina

Reaction score
Hi I'm a first timer
This is primary fermentation day 9 and all I see is small bubbles and didn't see vigorous bubbling before either. I'm worried if I did something wrong.
Brewing isn't really legal in my country so I had to use baker's yeast and I couldn't find a hydrometer.
I used about 0.3 kg of honey for 1 liter of water and 1 teaspoon of baker's yeast.
I don't expect it to be a great Mead but I want to know if it's going to be Mead at all or not.

The yeast needs some nutrients to have it perform well. It will still work, but will need time to finish, and even longer to let it age and become pleasant to drink. besides adding fruit, you can take some more baking yeast, add it to a little bit of boiling/simmering water to kill it, then add the dead yeast to your mead

Bubbles (even tiny ones) are a good sign that fermentation is happening. The yeast is eating the sugars in the honey, and burping out both alcohol and carbon dioxide. A slower fermentation will help preserve whatever flavors you have in the honey, while a faster, more volatile fermentation can sometimes lead to loss of flavor. All batches are experiments! Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

Bubbles (even tiny ones) are a good sign that fermentation is happening. The yeast is eating the sugars in the honey, and burping out both alcohol and carbon dioxide. A slower fermentation will help preserve whatever flavors you have in the honey, while a faster, more volatile fermentation can sometimes lead to loss of flavor. All batches are experiments! Have fun, and let us know how it goes.
Well that a relief
Thank you

Back