Is it ok to brew beer if I don't have a beard ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
96470d1359095207-ok-brew-beer-if-i-dont-have-beard-tumblr_m8mhdq6fwh1r4sczuo1_500.jpeg

about 1/4 of the way there....
026_zpsb707e638.jpg

036_zpsf1331b41.jpg

Finally figured out how to hold the honey badger at bay...like a snapping turtle.
047_zps39869626.jpg

Brew Master for Rana Dorada (Golden Frog) brewery here in Panama does not have a beard. They have 3 locations around Panama City now and turn out consistently good brews. Assistant Brewer has no beard either. Brew Master was also involved in the start up of Bogotá Beer Company which is the flagship of Colombia's growing craft brew industry (I plan to be in Bogotá next month...yum).

I have a beard and a lot of folks like my homebrew.

So, maybe there are other variables besides just the beard.

When I first got into this hobby, I had no idea that this was the stereotype. But, I have a beard, and so does the friend who got me started.

Oh well, I'm not gonna shave just to break the mold here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some of the most powerful men in history sported beards. Zeus. Abe Lincoln. Mr. T. Gandalf, and look at the wizardry he was able to pull off.

If that wasn't enough to convince you, then maybe this name will...

Chuck. Norris. Yeah, that's right, I went there.

You can choose not to sport a beard but you'll only succeed in limiting your true potential. ;)

While I didn't have a beard, I hadn't shaved for a few days so I had lots of stubble, but then I went and shaved this weekend right before I brewed. Sure hope my beer turns out ok!

There is of course a waiver on the beard requirement for those of us that are prohibited from growing one by Uncle Sam right?

You need to make a reasonable case in block 10B of your DD2948. Perhaps one of the hairless Dod brewers on the forum that has gotten approval can help you to craft the appropriate entry.

I'm making a porter today and as I was mashing in my BIAB bag came loose, spilling some grain out of the bag and into the water. I know this only happened because I don't have a beard!

I've got a goat so I barely meet the requirements. Thank god cuz I brew a lot.

time to resurrect this thread: who else has grown a #coronabeard?

for the first time in my life i have a full face of hair. stopped shaving at the start of the pandemic, haven't been bald-faced since.

BREWERS REPORT: i have brewed 6 times since the start of the pandemic. in blind taste-tests, 100% of tasters (AKA me) preferred the post-pandemic/post-beard beers to my pre-pandemic/pre-beard brews. some nitpickers will point out that the pre- beers are old and stale, however i counter that they were brewed without a beard so of course they're inferior - don't hide behind excuses like oxidation!!!

(i'm considering shaving for the inauguration... need to put an end to this at some point, seems as good a milestone/excuse as any other)

i don't always brew with a beard, but when i don't. i have a 5'o'clock shadow...and usually just dump apple juice in a bucket, lol

I've always kept mine short and neat, but now I'm trying to grow it out long for the first time. It's a whole different grooming skill set! I've screwed up and had to start over like 3 times already! I think I've finally got it figured out. :cool:

Back