Is it just me, or is Roger Waters and Eddie Vedder together GREAT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and one other thing!

I never watch TV so I was just wondering- is it actually legal to say "****Ula" on network TV? Adam Sandler did it. And I have to admit- I laughed.

This is an awesome concert! I can't believe they opened with Roger Waters. And yes, Sandler was sick! My sister's friend is there, I wish I bought tickets.

They actually opened with The Boss. And when he sang part of the opening of Jersey Girl, I had tears in my eyes. I was just a kid when I used to spend summers at the Jersey Shore, but oh, wow, what a powerful memory!

I just told Bob- "you know, we could have bought tickets and gone....." because it's definitely an awesome old people concert! Roger Waters, Eddie Vedder, Bruce springsteen, Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl- great for old people!

And for a great cause.

but- didn't Eddie Vedder look particularly hot?

Oops, I thought I was watching the beginning. My wife turned it on right before Waters came on. I guess Springsteen makes sense though. He's from a town that got slammed pretty bad.

I wish I would have seen it!

I'll probably never get to see Gilmore again and I've never seen Waters so anything on T.V. is the best I can hope for.

Yooper said:
Roger Waters looks great, and Eddie Vedder singing Comfortably Numb rocks.

That is all.

Did you notice the guy singing with Waters on Us and Them looked a bit like Eddie Vedder? I was confused for a minute since I heard Eddie was singing with Pink Floyd.

Then Eddie came out. Game over. Awesome show.

Did you notice the guy singing with Waters on Us and Them looked a bit like Eddie Vedder? I was confused for a minute since I heard Eddie was singing with Pink Floyd.

Yes! But my brother in law mentioned, oh, about a month ago how he saw Roger Waters in Phoenix and that this guy who sang with him looked amazingly like Eddie Vedder (my crush).

Yooper said:
Yes! But my brother in law mentioned, oh, about a month ago how he saw Roger Waters in Phoenix and that this guy who sang with him looked amazingly like Eddie Vedder (my crush).

I was hoping he was going to sing Wish You Were Here. One of my favorite songs of all time.

This easily could have been a Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder concert. Obviously Roger Waters helps.

I can't believe these guys are all still alive...lol!!

This is off topic, but that's why recently I've seen Willie Nelson (around 80 years old) and Neil Young (much younger, but still..........)

I mean, how many more years are these 68+ year old guys going to tour?!?! See them while you can! And seeing Eric Clapton would be seeing a piece of history. The Stones? Meh. but Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Clapton, etc- I'd love to.

I think I'll try to get tickets for Clapton in Pittsburgh in April.

Weird stuff was going on here when Sandler was doing his bit: when he got into what appeared to be racey lyrics the audio sounded like it was being played backwards, and (also apparently) risque portions of the images being shown on the accompanying video screen were blurred out.

Bottom line, it sure looked like someone in production was smacking some big red "Holy Crap! Censor That!" button, but I didn't notice anyone else here mention it (yet). Kinda curious about it...

Cheers!

Here they just cut the sound on the "racy" words. Nothing in regards to the pictures on the screens.

Anyone else notice Bon Jovi thanking Gov. Coumo before Christie? I was very surprised by that. From someone who was affected in NYC and had family in Jersey lose everything, Christy did a much better job than my governor. And besides, Bon Jovi is right behind Springsteen in being Mr. Jersey. He definitely did that on purpose.

Daltrey just impressed the hell out of me.

Roger waters and vedder doing comfortably numb was GREAT!

Can't wait to see the rest on dvr. Past my bedtime. Way past.

I've always liked Eddie & I liked Pearl Jam when they first came out waaayyyyy back when.

Recently I caught Pearl Jam's Twenty documentary...

Unreal. I never understood what Pearl Jam's beef was with Ticketmaster, never knew Eddie just sent off a tape with 3 songs on it to the band in Seattle, didn't even know Chris Cornell kind of 'coached' Eddie.

That greatly explains why he is so good yet underrated.

Vedder worked with Cornell even before Pear Jam. Temple of the Dog was awesome!

Whatever that idiot did, my entire Facebook newsfeed is filled with Kanye West posts. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as the music gods that opened this show.

During the Stones set Mick said something like, "This night is a big collection of old English guys." Had to laugh!

This is off topic, but that's why recently I've seen Willie Nelson (around 80 years old) and Neil Young (much younger, but still..........)

I mean, how many more years are these 68+ year old guys going to tour?!?!

Ugh! do we have to talk about that? I can remember when Willie was just a kid. But then, I also remember the Second World War.... The whole world is populated with NOOBS . :D

I missed the whole thing. I don't even remember seeing commercials for it. How does Yooper know about this stuff before I do, when she has to drag the old TV out of the basement to watch it?

Oh yeah, she probably heard about it on her Eddie Vedder message board...

Seriously, though. I wish I could have seen some of this. Oh well, I'll just have to Youtube it later.

And on a side note, I've been watching some "The Lonely Island" videos and songs and they almost always play the swear words in reverse for editing (on the edited versions anyway). I think it's much cooler than the usual bleep or silence.

I missed the whole thing. I don't even remember seeing commercials for it. How does Yooper know about this stuff before I do, when she has to drag the old TV out of the basement to watch it?

Oh yeah, she probably heard about it on her Eddie Vedder message board...

Seriously, though. I wish I could have seen some of this. Oh well, I'll just have to Youtube it later.

And on a side note, I've been watching some "The Lonely Island" videos and songs and they almost always play the swear words in reverse for editing (on the edited versions anyway). I think it's much cooler than the usual bleep or silence.

OMG- I just read that out loud to Bob. He said, "Well, tell Homer he needs to read the news once in a while"!

I find it so funny that Bob tells someone to "get out more"! :D

Oh, yeah, and one more thing- THERE IS AN EDDIE VEDDER MESSAGE BOARD?!?! For real?!? :p

The two guitarists playing with Floyd were great. They had great tone and never missed a note, but I wish David Gilmour had been there.
Pink Floyd and The Who were awesome. Never been a Springsteen fan. I only made it through 3 songs of Paul Mc. I watched "The Amish Mafia" during K.West.

I have no idea why Springsteen is popular. Vedder was great on Pearl Jam's Ten and then everything else after that, including ruining "Numb" last night is all hack. I was never a Who fan but respect, that live performance was tight. Kanye was in the wrong room on the wrong night. I don't think the phone calls were for pledges during his set. I did find it a bit odd that a benefit concert for the U.S was littered with Englishmen.

I just did a quick search, and he's on tour in 2013. Might go.

I've seen Eric twice in the last couple of years and both times have been totally epic. One was with a full band, couple of other great guitarists (Robert Cray, Doyle Bramhall and Derek Trucks) on stage and just a straight rock fest; the other was when he was touring for the "Clapton" album, and it was a stripped down set, just drums, bass, keys and Eric, and it was an absolute guitar clinic. The guy played every lead, all the rhythm and backup work, sang and soloed like his hair was on fire. Unbelievable. Go see him now, because I'm not sure ten years from now it'll be the same experience.

OMG- I just read that out loud to Bob. He said, "Well, tell Homer he needs to read the news once in a while"!

I find it so funny that Bob tells someone to "get out more"! :D

Oh, yeah, and one more thing- THERE IS AN EDDIE VEDDER MESSAGE BOARD?!?! For real?!? :p

I read the news on several different websites each morning. Was this on there somewhere?

I'll have to do a Google search for Eddie Vedder discussion boards. I've never felt the urge to find one before.

I'm really just interested in Roger Waters, though. I love me some Pink Floyd. Hard to imagine Vedder singing their songs, but they can make anyone sound great. ;)

I read the news on several different websites each morning. Was this on there somewhere?

I'll have to do a Google search for Eddie Vedder discussion boards. I've never felt the urge to find one before.

I'm really just interested in Roger Waters, though. I love me some Pink Floyd. Hard to imagine Vedder singing their songs, but they can make anyone sound great. ;)

Yes, Bob told me about it. It must have been on a news website, because aside from news, the only other thing he reads is NCAA basketball stuff, and nutrition information.

Vedder was awesome, but so was the guitarist/vocalist that sang with Roger Waters earlier. (That was already mentioned, but it bears mentioning again!). He sang all the Dave Gilmour parts exceptionally well, and it really was great.

I went to bed after the Who, so I missed Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl. I agree with the others- I'm not a Who fan really, but holy cow they were great!

Ugh, I'm old. First I hear songs that were popular in my teens in the grocery store and now the guys from Pearl Jam and Nirvana are doing fundraisers. Oh well, beats the alternative.

Ugh, I'm old. First I hear songs that were popular in my teens in the grocery store and now the guys from Pearl Jam and Nirvana are doing fundraisers. Oh well, beats the alternative.

Are you kidding me? You're a kid! Wait until you hear a song you LOVED as a kid, so you sing along and your grandson smiles. Talk about feeling old! :drunk:

Re: aging rockers...I was attending an important presentation that some colleagues from work were delivering yesterday in front of maybe 100 people at my work. My 70 yr. old boss was up on stage behind the discussants' table, and in the middle of the presentation his phone goes off, blaring the harmonica intro for "Love Me Do". It was awesome.

I've heard The Who live on TV a few times and sometimes they can sound great and other times you want them to hang it all up. I've never enjoyed a Paul McCartney set I thoroughly enjoyed though. He's just ok for me.

I'd rather listen to an honest, if crappy, live performance than a pitch perfect FAKE autotuned/synced performance ANY DAY. I'm more interested in hearing their real voices, even if they aren't"perfect. That's where the human factor comes in. It's not always about perfect pitch. Hearing the song is just as important. Sometimes it's what the song is about, rather than how well it's technically done.

Daltrey just impressed the hell out of me.
Amen! Must have impressed the hell out of MC also.
Right after the "Who" set (just before cruising the Sopranos cast), he says "How about Roger Daltrey and Keith Moon?"

Back