IPA suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edb

Reaction score
I've been going through the recipe database and I'm going dizzy with all the recipes there but what I really want is an extract or partial mash recipe that yields a strong 6% or higher brew. Of course I would want this to be insanely hopped as well.

Am I pretty much limited to an IIPA to get a strong IPA?

Has anyone tried using the Lyles Golden syrup or other invert sugars to make a stronger beer?

i was going to recomend the summit ipa kit from ahbs but guess they don't carry it since the hop shortage. soooo, nevermind! they have a double ipa that looks pretty heavy but it would be over 60 bucks..

Cool Thanks for the replied I'd like to try them all but it turns out that I'm only going to be doing extract. I thought I was going to get some more equipment but not yet.

Yooper's got me hooked a DFH60M clone, yeah that rules.

I'll have to figure out what I'm going to use LME or DME, I'm leaning towards DME easier to measure than LME :)

i've had better luck with dme.. that could be just me though. a lot of recipes call for both lme and dme.

Back