Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered yet another clone... this ones stainless as well and comes with the stout tip and shank ... $27 shipped..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ame...32787490682.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.TFNf75

it also says it uses a "ceramic plate spool" mechanism unlike the spring loaded oring Perlick style I just received a couple weeks ago.

I received this yesterday... just a heads up to anyone looking, it did not come with the stout tap as pictured and it is the same perlick style spring loaded ball and oring tap as the one I previously ordered despite being advertised as a "ceramic plate spool" system. I have contacted the seller and im waiting to hear back from them.

After seeing them around, having friends with them, I did try order and install one (just ordered a brass one from williams brewing) and I am happy with it. I will replace mine with the stainless ones by the end of summer.

It pours nice! I have it on my ESB, 9 psi, 5 ft line, no issues at all.

I received this yesterday... just a heads up to anyone looking, it did not come with the stout tap as pictured and it is the same perlick style spring loaded ball and oring tap as the one I previously ordered despite being advertised as a "ceramic plate spool" system. I have contacted the seller and im waiting to hear back from them.

This is a common problem with ali orders, in my experience- wait for 3-4 weeks and get something different from pictures and/ or item descriptions.
Sometimes it is better to spend a bit more, plus MUCH better to give your money to American sellers then to the commies. ;)

This is a common problem with ali orders, in my experience- wait for 3-4 weeks and get something different from pictures and/ or item descriptions.
Sometimes it is better to spend a bit more, plus MUCH better to give your money to American sellers then to the commies. ;)

It's the first for me and I've ordered quite a bit of stuff off AliExpress... Its still a hell of a deal for a stainless perlick style tap and Shank with with interchangable spouts.. it does use the interchangeable intertap spouts so the stout spout I already have works fine with it.. I'd rather just give less money to the Chinese direct then buy it from someone else who gave even less to those same chinese goods and then charge me 3 times more for the same Chinese Goods. Keg King , the Australian owners of intertap, has the intertaps made-in-china too and you can find them on AliExpress but they're just not allowed to sell directly to the USA anymore. that's where I bought my first two intertap flow control taps for $30 each

I always get the right stuff from Ali. I prefer epacket. I buy from my lhbs when I can, and us suppliers when I can, but sometimes the prices are just to good to pass up.

What's confusing is one day shoes arrived. From China.

I never ordered shoes, nobody contacted, the fit my daughter and she loved them. Go figure.

Mainly it's ball valves, elm327 and kze headphones.

It was very confusing, I can tell you that.

Let me know the quality of those units when you get them!

I actually have one of these exact same units only I ordered mine with the standard american sized shanks instead of the G5/8 shank (I have one of those on a cheap flow control unit and its a completely different thread/size) as well as the ones with the removable intertap style tips and they are the same taps other than that. I bought a new perlick tak as well and they are as good or better as far as fit and finish than the perlick ..

My thoughts on this are , if your going to buy the one linked above for $27 with the G5/8 shank, why not just buy this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bee...lgo_pvid=9770a798-267f-48fc-a2d2-9c564c469eb9 for $25 and have the ability to use the interchangable intertap spouts on it ?

here a comparision of the 4 perlick style taps I have... the one with the whimpy spring (the shank and spring are from a different tap since just the perlick faucet was much more $ than the whole clone assy) is the real perlick branded one. Besides the etched "P" and the counterbored spout opening they are pretty much identical. (clone has the white seal on the left in third pic) All the internals are the same on all 4 taps and as you can see with the intertap growler filler spout threaded onto the one in the bottom right, the intertap tips fit perfect and with an oring added at the base like the clone tip has it works perfect. The chinese clone tip (on left in bottom pics) is fully polished and has better lip machining and overall finish than the actual "Intertap" branded chinese made tip hopefully the pics show this, especially on the inside where the intertap one has a very rough machines surface compared to the polished clone..(Are you reading this Keg king? Why is that?) I also wonder if the oring on the base of each tip is a better solution than the single oring up in the tap thats fallen apart for some from overtightning.

IMG_20170330_144326524.jpg

IMG_20170330_144500711.jpg

IMG_20170330_144529559.jpg

IMG_20170330_144633013.jpg

IMG_20170330_145527155.jpg

IMG_20170330_145605612.jpg

IMG_20170330_145614519.jpg

Here are some pics of the inside of the taps with the removable tip/ spout. I apologize for the fact that my camera is not very good... the machine work is decent and the knurling on the inner lip that meets the shank does work and prevent spinning. its better on these than the clone without the removable tips.

Ok back on topic...

IMG_20170330_163538053.jpg

IMG_20170330_163529216.jpg

FYI, I just noticed that the Intertap faucets Birdman has on sale are Generation 2. According to Intertap's website, the tap handle collar and bonnet on the Generation 2 faucets is chrome plated brass. Are the same parts on the gen 1 faucets chrome plated brass as well?

2d1k7it.jpg

Just received my intertap faucet from ritebrew. Man that thing is heavy! Overall tho I'm not sure how I feel about them. I can feel it grinding? When you go to pour and beer and I'm getting some leaks from the bonnet. Wondering if my is faulty? Here you can see the drip vs the sweat on the faucet after a pour should add that mine are also the version 2 of the faucet. Im wondering if its not as smooth anymore because of the new "pearl" that"s really more of a block.

Hi Augie-
That link is for a G5/8 @ $32.00!
yes I know its a G5/8 that why i used it as a comparision for the other G5/8.. They come in standard american shank sizes too for the same price... It wasnt $32 on my pc yesterday but they likely raised the price after they saw an increase in orders in the last 24 hrs..

Heres a standard sized stainless long shank one for $29 with shipping, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ame...id=12da5c1a-82ad-4e0f-826b-5365075f48a7&tpp=1

and heres the short shank model for $25...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ame...id=08e8505b-7ee8-4572-99b4-f33b300f5488&tpp=1

These are all spring loaded setups too..

I loosened the handle nut a touch and my spring loaded faucet does indeed return well enough. I could wish it were smoother, but I might open it up at one point and see if I can improve it.

Right after I connected the beer line and gave it a try, I got nothign but foam. DAMN!

Then I realized the line was still warm... Next day it poured fast and clear.

For those with the Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra lines that switched faucets to Intertaps, did you have an increase in foaming due to the faster flow of the Intertaps? I have 15ft lines on mine and think I may try 25ft lines. If I pour a pint it is about half foam, subsequent pours back to back are fine. I have 4 fans in the keezer so I don’t think temp stratification is the issue. My old keezer with the same lines, same JG push fittings, same disconnects, same temperature, but with Perlicks poured amazing.

Yeah, that sounds like my experience - don't know why and nothing I did made any difference (even with a 25 foot line)... I ended up going back to Perlicks and haven't had issues since.

For those with the Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra lines that switched faucets to Intertaps, did you have an increase in foaming due to the faster flow of the Intertaps? I have 15ft lines on mine and think I may try 25ft lines. If I pour a pint it is about half foam, subsequent pours back to back are fine. I have 4 fans in the keezer so I don’t think temp stratification is the issue. My old keezer with the same lines, same JG push fittings, same disconnects, same temperature, but with Perlicks poured amazing.

Dang, that's a lot of line! What's your ID? I run 12' of 3/16 at 12psi, and it's pretty darn good. No fans or anything. My pours got way better when I went to intertaps though...

Accuflex line is known to have much lower flow resistance than standard beer line so you need a lot more of it

Yeah, that sounds like my experience - don't know why and nothing I did made any difference (even with a 25 foot line)... I ended up going back to Perlicks and haven't had issues since.

I'd hate to switch out all the lines with longer ones and have the same problem. Did you consider going with new EJ Ultra Barrier Silver type tubing instead? Did you try anything else?

I really like the Intertaps but don't know what's worse, changing out and paying for 6 faucets, or changing all line, MFL connectors, tailshanks, and all new clamps whether worm or Oetiker+tool. I also want nothing to do with spoiled beer that sits in the line and leeches flavor which is why I went with the Bev Seal Ultra in the first place.

Dang, that's a lot of line! What's your ID? I run 12' of 3/16 at 12psi, and it's pretty darn good. No fans or anything. My pours got way better when I went to intertaps though...

They are 3/16 ID but like the below poster said they are much less resistance than standard tubing.

I have 10' Bev-Seal Ultra lines, keezer at 38°-40°, around 10 psi, and both Perlick 650SS and Intertap flow controls, and I get a smooth, consistent pour from all faucets. Am I a minority here?

I have 10' Bev-Seal Ultra lines, keezer at 38°-40°, around 10 psi, and both Perlick 650SS and Intertap flow controls, and I get a smooth, consistent pour from all faucets. Am I a minority here?

I'd imagine the FC on your Intertaps helps a bit. Mine are non-FC.

Yeah, I bet the FC helps a ton. Technically you can run as short a line as possible with those, right?
When I switched from standard vinyl to the Bev-Seal Ultra lines, my pours got better through my intertaps... maybe I had nucleation points in the old lines, but I could never get a good pour on the first pint, even with new vinyl lines.

I just switched my 2 perlicks to flow control Intertap faucets with 10-11 feet of ultra barrier silver lines. I didn't notice any foaming issues even when I leave the flow control all the way open. My kegerator is set for around 34 degrees with no fan in the tower.

I'd hate to switch out all the lines with longer ones and have the same problem. Did you consider going with new EJ Ultra Barrier Silver type tubing instead? Did you try anything else?

I really like the Intertaps but don't know what's worse, changing out and paying for 6 faucets, or changing all line, MFL connectors, tailshanks, and all new clamps whether worm or Oetiker+tool. I also want nothing to do with spoiled beer that sits in the line and leeches flavor which is why I went with the Bev Seal Ultra in the first place.

They are 3/16 ID but like the below poster said they are much less resistance than standard tubing.

Sorry - I mixed up brands! I was using the EJ Ultra product not the Accuflex Ultra one although I have used that in the past and it does need really long line lengths IIRC. I tried all sorts of things - I added the little plastic 'swizzle' sticks into my keg dip tube to provide resistance, doubled the line length, lowered the temperature, added insulation to my tower, added a new fan blower that circulates up in the tower... nothing really worked...

I figured the taps were to blame although to be honest I couldn't see anything especially different. Some folks have said that the Intertaps aren't as smooth a finish inside which may have been an issue for me, but it was tough to tell with the flow control mechanism in the way. In the end, I went back to Perlicks and haven't had any further issues. Shame, because I really like the extensibility of the Intertaps.

My spring loaded intertap is now not springing back. It flows real nice, though. I think I might try cleaning the thing to get a smooth movement, but I'm not opposed to simply taking the spring out. None of my other taps have springs.

Picked up 6 G2 FC Intertaps from MoreBeer. We'll see how they pour this weekend and if they help with my foaming issue.

I've been kind of casually following this thread for a while, but I'm getting more interested in the FC models, especially since it seems a lot of people are reporting positive results with them. I recently stumbled across some brand new Taprite secondary regulators and I managed to get them for less than $8 each, so I bought five. My keezer has five taps and depending what I'm pouring I'll sometimes have one stout faucet and the rest Ventmatics, or all Ventmatics (three of which are the original "good" Ventmatics, two being the most recent release and sometimes problematic Ventmatics). Anyway, I'm thinking of replacing all of them with short lines and FCs to pair with my newly acquired secondary regulators.

I have the barrier tubing on all six lines
Roughly 13-15 feet each
Three diff pressure settings but average 11-12 psi mostly
All on regular intertaps
and a perfect pour I'll post a pour video tomorrow or so if you want
Also no fan inside keezer and it's a perlick gambrinus tower without glycol hooked up

Picked up 6 G2 FC Intertaps from MoreBeer. We'll see how they pour this weekend and if they help with my foaming issue.

To follow up, I installed all the FC Intertaps on and it helped with the foaming, but did not eliminate it like I thought it would. After quite a bit of research I actually went with 6ft 1/8" ID lines and swapped back on my old non-FC Intertaps and each line is pouring extremely smooth and fully carb'd. Beers ranging from 12-18psi @ 38*.

For those interested in this setup as I haven't seen anyone else that I'm aware of run 1/8" ID -

Beer line (1/8" ID)
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25198&catid=929

Tailpiece
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_17_46_417&products_id=2879

MFL Swivel for both ends (SwvlNutSet - 04C03264IH) - Slides right over the line
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_19_220_286&products_id=501

Nylon flare washer (Clear = 1/4"-5/16" - 04E04291ih)
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_19_220_285&products_id=1412

And then regular tailpiece hex nut and washer. I also clamped each end down with Oetiker clamps.

I wanted to share my bottle filling method using my intertaps.

I bought the growler filler attachment and stuck my bottle wand in the growler filler. I can fill competition ready bottles in just a few minutes straight from the tap. The most work is sanitizing the bottles. Perfect head space and carbonation.

View attachment 1494428695259.jpg

Back