Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t you lock your son in there and give your completely innocent kegerator the freedom it deserves?
"Raising boys is easy. You seal them into a barrel and feed them through the bung-hole. When they turn 18, you decide whether to let them out, or drive in the bung." - Robert Heinlein

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately this is a reactive action instead of a proactive one. After studying my situation and the fact that intertap faucets aren’t lockable, I am going to have to modify a basement storage closet with a lockable door and electricity and move my kegerator in there.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully this takes care of your situation.

I have to chime in about locking the kegerator or keezer.

Someone here on HBT wrote that they drilled holes to install a lock, and they hit a cooling line or some other important part. The kegerator was destroyed.

I have to chime in about locking the kegerator or keezer.

Someone here on HBT wrote that they drilled holes to install a lock, and they hit a cooling line or some other important part. The kegerator was destroyed.
yes dont install the lock on the side but rather on the top of the door.

Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm glad that I don't need faucet locks now, but I have been monitoring this thread for future reference. Currently, my kegs are in a locked fridge with picnic taps. When I do set up the bar hut that I'd like to build off my back patio, I will need to come up with something then.

If you are going to print in plastic, I don't think it is worth it, as the plastic would break or stretch too easily.

You could send it to one of the websites that does metal 3d printing, but I don't know how expensive that would be, or how strong that method would be either.

If you made the CAD files, you could potentially take it to a local metal fabrication shop or a CNC shop, but that is most likely going to be atrociously expensive.

cheaper than 3d printing is to learn how to make your own investment castings and read up on making a backyard foundry.

3d printing is for parts that cannot satisfy conventional manufacturing requirements and there are many methods of printing metal, but it is often not as cost effective as casting.

Beer faucets are often symmetric across the width. Thus, the main body is likely a casting and the other parts could be castings as well, or turned on a lathe (but it is not required).

None of the parts require high cylindricity, straightness, or tight runout (as the only sealed surfaces are mated to a rubber o-ring). It's likely that all surfaces receive polish and visual quality checks. Threads may be cleaned up with a tap/die.

You can splash a mold off an existing faucet if you have one...

Investment casting is necessary over sand casting since it would be very difficult to polish the interior of the faucet ...it's not impossible, but would be difficult... Look up lapping a rifle barrel if you want an idea of how to polish internal bores ..

Ohh that's right... .Sorry lost track of this thread. ..
I have one intertap, but looking to add more faucets soon. .. may go perlick.

I have no idea, honestly. But if plastic is inherently bad I'll be sure to stay clear of 75% of the fermenters and their accessories that you offer.
Plastic has its uses as does stainless steel. Most people would love a stainless fermenter but find the price of a PET one more to their liking. With taps there is less steel needed so maybe not a real sensible comparison although you are welcome to your choices. Happy to offer reasons why our Ultra Taps with laminar flow are a great choice for many dispensing applications. So we offer stainless fermenters and PET ones but no taps with plastic parts I am afraid.

That’s being touted as a feature, not a bug.

For those following along at home...

2020-04-07 NUKATAP SS Tap Only (Stainless Steel).png

Back