Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a couple flow control models and the stout adapter.. I have the cheaper flow control model and it works very well but does stick a bit.

Going on about 6months or so on my Intertaps with no problems so far. The stout spout does leak quite a bit after pouring, but that's just the nature of the design.

True but they are still over 20% higher than what I bought mine for direct, yesterday on aliexpress...(just pointing it out) and morebeers 20% off price is the same as williamsbrewings regular price which is not encouraging.

Can't speak for Aliexpress as I've never shopped there; however, both More Beer and Williams have the same base price for all the Intertap models (as of me writing this anyway).

At More Beer you have to enter the promo code "TAP20" during checkout, which will take 20% off the faucets.

So, as it stands now, the faucets are 20% cheaper at More Beer than Williams, and the sale is valid until 9 am PST this morning.

It's also free shipping if you spend over $59. A pretty good deal in my opinion, especially for folks that don't like to order from China.

Lol more beer is cheaper then Williams and aliexpress right now. I just ordered one stainless to finish my keezer and 2 pc for my jockey box

I got all mine from ali a while back
That's a great deal on morebeer
These taps are great

Can't speak for Aliexpress as I've never shopped there; however, both More Beer and Williams have the same base price for all the Intertap models (as of me writing this anyway).

At More Beer you have to enter the promo code "TAP20" during checkout, which will take 20% off the faucets.

So, as it stands now, the faucets are 20% cheaper at More Beer than Williams, and the sale is valid until 9 am PST this morning.

It's also free shipping if you spend over $59. A pretty good deal in my opinion, especially for folks that don't like to order from China.
Ok good point on the price. But as I see it you are still ordering from china.. Your just going through an extra middleman with a markup on the same Chinese made intertap. Aliexpress is a division of alibaba... last year at Christmas time they did 7 times more $$ in sales than eBay and Amazon combined... they are not some shady fly by night outfit..

It's crazy that so many people have such a stigma against buy from china yet they had no problem with buying that same Chinese stuff for much more money through an American frontman.. There's nothing wrong or shameful for buying something directly from the source and giving more of the money to the people doing the work making them while still saving quite a bit yourself.

I just bought a couple of these https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/element5500_ripple_tc.htm but instead of paying $75 I paid $16 each... That's a pretty crazy markup if you ask me considering if I ordered a hundred they are only $14 each... I'm kind of disappointed because if the markup wasn't so unreasonable I wouldnt have even looked elsewhere although I have to admit I found them likley the same way Bobby did because I bookmarked them on alibaba before Brew hardware even started carrying them. They also make the elements that EBrew supply sells for $45... only they sell them for $7.50 or for as little as $3 each depending on how big an order is placed I'm sorry I feel a 500% markup is unfounded. Especially on somthing that costs less than $3 to manufacture and still make a profit.

There's always a chance you get a knock off. I don't buy stainless parts on Ali anymore because of the poor quality some merchants send you; once ordered a batch of cam lock fittings that were poorly cast and filled with some sort of mystery crud that I couldn't get rid of. They became paper weights.

I recently bought a seal kit for the Intertap faucets from https://mysliceoflife.com.au/, they were very helpful and postage was reasonable.

I guess it could go either way but when the real thing is made in China it's more likely to be genuine.. I bought a used perlick on eBay along with one new from alibaba and they are exactly the same in every way except for the P logo on the face I paid more for the used one on eBay that needed new seals that I did for the brand new stainless steel perlick I bought on AliExpress

It doesn't help that in my line of work it's not unusual to see something that's sold for a couple dollars be marked up to hundreds and even thousands of dollars after going through middlemen and of course it's implied that that very expensive part is somehow different than the cheaper one a customer may find online but often that is not the case. A particular part comes to mind which was this little stepper motor we used to get from Xerox. come to find out the company that manufactured the scanner would mark it up and sell it to Xerox and Xerox would mark it up and sell it to us and then we would mark it up and sell it to the customer all and all it was a $40 retail value motor that had Xerox suggested retail price of a retail of over $2,100. I actually inquired with Xerox why it was so expensive and they told me it was a stocking fee.. needless to say I no longer assume things the same way I used to. I come to learn that if the part is not well-known or easily found people are going to charge for what they think they can get for it regardless.

Sometimes the original manufacturer's end up being the knock-offs like in the case of when I bought a new suspension components for my girlfriend's Ford Escape I bought them on eBay from Dearborn Axle Corporation which ironically used to make the parts for Ford but now the genuine Ford replacement parts come from overseas and a lot more expensive than the ones made in Dearborn Michigan I find that ironic because you know the ones made in Michigan are better quality but you're not paying for the markups involved by going through Ford that you would if you brought the inferior product made elswhere. Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now that I've taken things off topic a bit

Ok good point on the price. But as I see it you are still ordering from china.. Your just going through an extra middleman with a markup on the same Chinese made intertap. Aliexpress is a division of alibaba... last year at Christmas time they did 7 times more $$ in sales than eBay and Amazon combined... they are not some shady fly by night outfit..

It's crazy that so many people have such a stigma against buy from china yet they had no problem with buying that same Chinese stuff for much more money through an American frontman.. There's nothing wrong or shameful for buying something directly from the source and giving more of the money to the people doing the work making them while still saving quite a bit yourself.

I just bought a couple of these https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/element5500_ripple_tc.htm but instead of paying $75 I paid $16 each... That's a pretty crazy markup if you ask me considering if I ordered a hundred they are only $14 each... I'm kind of disappointed because if the markup wasn't so unreasonable I wouldnt have even looked elsewhere although I have to admit I found them likley the same way Bobby did because I bookmarked them on alibaba before Brew hardware even started carrying them. They also make the elements that EBrew supply sells for $45... only they sell them for $7.50 or for as little as $3 each depending on how big an order is placed I'm sorry I feel a 500% markup is unfounded. Especially on somthing that costs less than $3 to manufacture and still make a profit.

Care to share a link. I wouldn't mind having one as a spare.

Care to share a link. I wouldn't mind having one as a spare and not familiar with aliexpress can't seem to find them.

Care to share a link. I wouldn't mind having one as a spare and not familiar with aliexpress can't seem to find them.

The link for the intertaps has already been posted in this thread. they are in the Brewmaster store which actually has much cheaper prices on pretty much everything they sell. I have bought a bunch of stuff there including a reusable 10" beer filter.

As for the elements...

Ironically the price went from 3-10 to 25-30 overnight they are on the supplier site which is the parent site to aliexpress..alibaba... I dont want to derail this thread anymore than my ramblings already have but there is another thread discussing it in the electric section.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=596657

Of my three Intertap SS faucets - one has developed an annoying drip. I saw my drip tray (always dry) was pretty full with Belgian Strong last night. ugh...

I need a rebuild kit, I assume?

I wish I would have seen this thread on the 7th. I would have picked up a FC intertap. Instead at about that time I bought a second primary regulator, and I suppose that was a better upgrade. I do want one FC faucet for my stouts, but since I don't have one on tap nor in the fermenter, I suppose I can wait for the next sale. ;) But thanks for posting it. I've been... busy.. I suppose I need to come in and check every day...

Took the leaky faucet apart and it looked PERFECT. There ended up being a stringy piece of plastic stuck in there. All is right with the world - no more drips! :)

So I received my intertap faucets and attachments from aliexpress last week and have been using them without any issues... They do appear to be genuine and did come in Intertap retail packaging with the kegking.com.au logo on them. the quality is great and I had no issues mounting them as mentioned by others so maybe that was a defective lot of them.

The stout tap does drip for a second longer or so than my guiness stout tap did but I believe thats because of the design and its doesnt bother me.

For anyone with the flow control faucets: Does the flow control completely stop the flow? I have a curious dog at home and would like to use the flow control as a safety feature if possible.

For anyone with the flow control faucets: Does the flow control completely stop the flow? I have a curious dog at home and would like to use the flow control as a safety feature if possible.

Sadly, no. That said, it does reduce flow to a slight trickle, so if caught in time it shouldn't be too big of a mess. If that's a deal breaker, the Perlick 650ss does stop flow entirely.

Ah, great, thanks. Sounds like I'll need some other method of protection, should be easy enough to design a "pet lock" so the taps don't get knocked open by accident.

Ah, great, thanks. Sounds like I'll need some other method of protection, should be easy enough to design a "pet lock" so the taps don't get knocked open by accident.

Intertap sells springs that go between the tap and the shank, closing them when the handle is released. This should solve any unwanted pet spills.

I was looking for these on aliexpress and noticed they do not ship to the US? Is this a recent change?

Also, one other question. Does the stout faucet work fine with Co2 or is it more for nitrogen stout setups?

I was looking for these on aliexpress and noticed they do not ship to the US? Is this a recent change?

Also, one other question. Does the stout faucet work fine with Co2 or is it more for nitrogen stout setups?

Was the seller named "brewmaster" that's who I placed my order with along with some other stuff which was ordered in separate orders which I received. I use the stout faceut with nitro only.

Was the seller named "brewmaster" that's who I placed my order with along with some other stuff which was ordered in separate orders which I received. I use the stout faceut with nitro only.

Looks like they no longer ship to the U.S. I would suspect there are some patent issues at play here.

Edited to Add: It appears that the only items they won't ship to the U.S. are the actual faucets.

Looks like they no longer ship to the U.S. I would suspect there are some patent issues at play here.

Edited to Add: It appears that the only items they won't ship to the U.S. are the actual faucets.

The most likely scenario is a distributor like possibly Williams saw this thread and complained to the supplier that they were undercutting them. There's no patent issues because these aren't knockoffs.. The intertap facuets are made in China.. these came in intertap /kegking retail packaging.. there was a number of things supercheap though that weren't there the second time I looked like the kegking beer gun (which appears to be from the same supplier as blichmann now uses) for $19... I bought a 6 valve co2 distribution block for my keezer build for $16 from there as well. They even had the 6x14 stainless hop baskets for $16.

The most likely scenario is a distributor like possibly Williams saw this thread and complained to the supplier that they were undercutting them. There's no patent issues because these aren't knockoffs.. The intertap facuets are made in China.. these came in intertap /kegking retail packaging..

But there is a patent issue if the holder of said patent is not getting paid his licensing fees....

Otherwise they probably wouldn't be shipping any of the accessories either.

But there is a patent issue if the holder of said patent is not getting paid his licensing fees....

Otherwise they probably wouldn't be shipping any of the accessories either.

Understood... If it was a patent issue would they be allowed to sell to other country's though?

Understood... If it was a patent issue would they be allowed to sell to other country's though?

Keep in mind... I'm no patent attorney.

I believe that if it's a U.S. patent, it has no bearing on other countries. They would have to pursue patents in the individual countries. Which is why there was no issue in Australia/New Zealand. Once Williams starting selling them in the U.S., Vent-Matic (who own's the patent) stopped them initially. Now if you go to the Williams site you'll see that the patent numbers listed are actually the Vent-Matic patents. Which leads me to believe Intertap/Keg King signed a licensing deal with Vent-Matic.

I'm not implying that they are knock-offs either. They most likely come out of the same chinese factory that makes them for Intertap. They probably make a couple thousand extra, and sell them without Intertap as the middle man. Which is why I was surprised that Intertap/Keg King offered customer service to an individual that bought them through Aliexpress. (Earlier in the thread)

That was a lot to say for someone (me) who admitted to knowing nothing in the first sentence.

This guy pulls them once in a while, might be he got overwhelmed by orders from the US. Still up for delivery to the Netherlands.

well I can still order other stuff from him just not these... also I noticed he raised the prices on the non flow control taps from $16 to 25 so... Either hes selling them so quickly he decided to increase prices or someone contacted him about selling to the US and in the process maybe mentioned to him he was undercharging?

Anyway Im very happy with my flow control intertaps... my only regret (like the 12.5 gallon conical I got for under $300 shipped) was that I didnt buy more of them while I could have... :(

I searched back a couple of pages and didn't find this, so I'll post it... right now, you can get $5 off of any of the four styles of Intertap faucets from MoreBeer with the code that was published in Brulosophy's blog. BRUTAP5 is the code. Shipping is free >$59.. so that's two faucets plus, I dunno, a couple of bags of hops or grains, or some other crap you need. I just bought two Stainless FC's from them.. I'll pust some pictures and stuff again when I get them. For beginners, the $13 cost of the chrome plated brass is much better than most LHBS's sell the cheapest POS rear seal faucets...

(Blog post reference: http://brulosophy.com/2017/01/12/intertap-forward-sealing-faucets-product-review/)

I searched back a couple of pages and didn't find this, so I'll post it... right now, you can get $5 off of any of the four styles of Intertap faucets from MoreBeer with the code that was published in Brulosophy's blog. BRUTAP5 is the code. Shipping is free >$59.. so that's two faucets plus, I dunno, a couple of bags of hops or grains, or some other crap you need. I just bought two Stainless FC's from them.. I'll pust some pictures and stuff again when I get them. For beginners, the $13 cost of the chrome plated brass is much better than most LHBS's sell the cheapest POS rear seal faucets...

(Blog post reference: http://brulosophy.com/2017/01/12/intertap-forward-sealing-faucets-product-review/)
You can still buy the all stainless intertaps with the shanks for $25 each including shipping as well elsewhere.
just like the flow control ones I bought below Im still not sure how any patent laws were broken if they were the genuine product in retail packaging? just because they were sold with less than half the markups..

IMG_20161227_185336924[1].jpg

You can still buy the all stainless intertaps with the shanks for $25 each including shipping as well elsewhere.
just like the flow control ones I bought below Im still not sure how any patent laws were broken if they were the genuine product in retail packaging? just because they were sold with less than half the markups..

Because Vent-Matic is very aggressive about defending their patent here in the U.S. (as you have to be as a patent holder) It is mentioned in the Brulosophy article that a licensing deal was made with Intertap, as I suggested previously. If there is a product at market that Vent-Matic feels infringes on a patent they own, they can either stop it's sale in the U.S. or issue a license to a manufacturer to produce it.

Now, the ones that you bought from aliexpress were likely brought into the U.S. without having payed Vent-Matic any of the licensing fees they are owed. That is likely the infringement. And it's not up to you to pay those fees... That's why Brewsmaster on aliexpress was shut down from shipping the faucets to the U.S., I'm sure. You can currently purchase anything but the actual faucets from them. (If in the U.S.)

Because Vent-Matic is very aggressive about defending their patent here in the U.S. (as you have to be as a patent holder) It is mentioned in the Brulosophy article that a licensing deal was made with Intertap, as I suggested previously. If there is a product at market that Vent-Matic feels infringes on a patent they own, they can either stop it's sale in the U.S. or issue a license to a manufacturer to produce it.

Now, the ones that you bought from aliexpress were likely brought into the U.S. without having payed Vent-Matic any of the licensing fees they are owed. That is likely the infringement. And it's not up to you to pay those fees... That's why Brewsmaster on aliexpress was shut down from shipping the faucets to the U.S., I'm sure. You can currently purchase anything but the actual faucets from them. (If in the U.S.)

I think I see what your saying. An Australian company who markets these uses a shuttle design which is similar to a design another company (ventamatic) owns the US patents on so we pay basically double for these products in the US than anyone I any other country because this company feels thier design is being used even though they no longer use it themselves. so they get paid a royalty for every intertap beer tap sold in the US only?
There are lots of other vendors still selling them to the states. Brewmaster was just one.

Back