Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to spend 3 or 4 hours reading through the entire thread, I'm looking for information on a counter-pressure bottle filler that will screw into the Intertap 843160 flow control faucets from RiteBrew. Thanks.
I had a piece like this machined to fit in my perlick 630ss. I thought about seeing if anyone else was interested in something like it. Not sure what they would have to cost to make it worth my machinist making them. I had it made for the counterpressure bottle filler that I made (which I have not posted yet).

I had a piece like this machined to fit in my perlick 630ss. I thought about seeing if anyone else was interested in something like it. Not sure what they would have to cost to make it worth my machinist making them. I had it made for the counterpressure bottle filler that I made (which I have not posted yet).

Love the idea of that. What I envision is a screw-in adapter that has a hose connection that leads to a 2 hole bung to fit a beer bottle opening (I know where I can get those). With a stainless steel tube serving as the liquid line in one hole, and some sort of pressure release fitting in the other. I saw one once, maybe it was yours? But never found any info on it or its availability.

I’ve heard mixed reviews about how well it works, but maybe this is what you’re looking for:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/i...MI_4jyhMag2gIVRCSGCh3aFgIfEAQYASABEgJOFPD_BwE

It’s a ball lock adapter that threads into the intertap faucet so you can use the counter pressure filler you already have.

I have a counter pressure filler, it's bulky, two handed, and a pain in the ass. Having a ball lock connecter would be an advantage, then I wouldn't have to leave the kegorator door open while filling bottles, or have to lift a heavy keg out of the chest style kegorator I built.

The rubber washer between the tap body and spout on my intertaps are needing replaced after a year of use. Has anyone measured the intertap o-rings and washers and identified the McMaster part numbers for replacements?

The rubber washer between the tap body and spout on my intertaps are needing replaced after a year of use. Has anyone measured the intertap o-rings and washers and identified the McMaster part numbers for replacements?

I am also looking for the replacement washer that fits between the screw off spout and tap body. Anyone figured it out yet?

The washer between spout and body isn't holding any pressure is it? Unless you're filling growlers or using jumpers to clean lines, I wouldn't even think you'd need it. I can measure it with my micrometers tonight and post the dimensions; you can find it on mcmaster with that info.

ALL parts should be available from the manufacturer. It sounds like a full parts support system is something that Intertap needs to work on.
well.. they do sell everything actually.
https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Intertap-Flow-Control-Seal-Kit-P4245.aspx

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Intertap-Seal-Kit-P4057.aspx

I think the point is most people would just rather know the real part size dso they dont have to order an oring for $10-12 with shipping.. for a $25 tap..

FWIW my standard tip did not come with an o-ring and I never have any leakage. I even counter pressure fill bottles with it no problem. The stout tip came with an o-ring, but not the standard tip.

Good point. One of them has this (more like a gasket than an o-ring, but same purpose I suppose) and the other one does not. Neither one leaks.
IMG_2907.JPG

All 4 of mine have the o-ring ( as in Amadeo38 pic) and yes the usually stay wedged into the tap body but when cleaning they sometimes fall out. I do not want to buy a whole replacement packet and was hoping to get just a few of that exact piece. If anyone get's the measurements and or a part number that would be great.

If you have the old one,take it to your local hardware store and they will have a match, and be way cheaper then anywhere on the internet.

So I'm looking at getting a couple of new taps for my Insignia Kegerator.

I admittedly did not read through this WHOLE thread. Wondering if there's anyway to know if these Intertap Faucets will work with this kegerator?

Additionally, from the posts that I've read, it seems that the reviews on these intertap faucets are mostly positive. This still the case?

So I'm looking at getting a couple of new taps for my Insignia Kegerator.

I admittedly did not read through this WHOLE thread. Wondering if there's anyway to know if these Intertap Faucets will work with this kegerator?

Additionally, from the posts that I've read, it seems that the reviews on these intertap faucets are mostly positive. This still the case?

I can't say for certain but unless they are using non-standard shanks, it should be fine. I still think Intertap faucets are great. I used them a year ago for mine and my dad just built one using them.

well.. they do sell everything actually.
https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Intertap-Flow-Control-Seal-Kit-P4245.aspx

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Intertap-Seal-Kit-P4057.aspx

I think the point is most people would just rather know the real part size dso they dont have to order an oring for $10-12 with shipping.. for a $25 tap..
If it needs to be rebuilt, why not just measure the o-rings and purchase the same size. Should just need inside diameter, outside diameter, thickness, and shape (round, square, or x-shaped). I don't have intertap, otherwise I'd measure and post.

I've used this site to match measurements to standard sizes. https://www.marcorubber.com/o-ring-size-chart-index.htm

I am in the process of ordering but from the best of my measuring ability the McMaster Carr product number is 4061T157 Dash 111. Square Buna-N $10 for 100 plus shipping or pickup if local.
I'll report back. I am told this is also the same part number for Taperite permanent pipe nipple.

I am in the process of ordering but from the best of my measuring ability the McMaster Carr product number is 4061T157 Dash 111. Square Buna-N $10 for 100 plus shipping or pickup if local.
I'll report back. I am told this is also the same part number for Taperite permanent pipe nipple.
You could also try taking them into the store if you live near a McMaster Carr or Fastenal store. Let them match to current sizes. You might take the whole tap, they may test fit it to make sure the o-rings fit.

Not sure if anyone still looks at this thread but what is talked about here was not product made by Keg King in Australia. It was done out of China where the Keg King name was registered without our knowledge some time ago. We do however have the Ultra Tap available which we say is a far better tap than the Intertap. It has been sold by Northern Brewer in the US for a bit over a year and will soon be available from other suppliers in the USA. The manufacturing rights to this were purchased from Ventmatic in 2017.

Thank you Will, for ringing in on the Intertap knock off issue, and also for making us aware of your new product, Ultratap. Many of us here on this forum have been fans of the original Vent Matic faucets. I have always liked the removeable spout on the Vent Matics, and later on the Intertaps, with switchable spouts.

Thank you Will, for ringing in on the Intertap knock off issue, and also for making us aware of your new product, Ultratap. Many of us here on this forum have been fans of the original Vent Matic faucets. I have always liked the removeable spout on the Vent Matics, and later on the Intertaps, with switchable spouts.
My pleasure to let people know that this is a really good tap and we worked very hard to make it a reality. We have had it on the market now for 18 months. Offered it to morebeer and Williams but they both declined so now we will have a new outlet in California. Northern Brewer also has it but they seem to be very quiet these days. Naturally we have all the different spouts which are easily interchanged.

Like the Phoenix, Vent Matic rises...over and over ;)
So where is this iteration being manufactured?

Cheers

Its quite a different design to the Intertap and the manufacturing is done in eastern China. You can check it out on our website www.keg-king.com.au but be careful with searches that take you to www.kegking.com.cn which is nothing to do with us but takes you to a Kegland/AMCO website. Its pretty hard to get names back in China once someone has grabbed it so best I can do is to let people know about it.

I'm actually quite familiar with much of the history of Brad Amidzich's original sliding shuttle Vent Matic design that inspired the Perlick 425 (later withdrawn due to legal issues) and now Intertap (and maybe others?) as well as the checkered production and legal history. Safe to say there are likely as many fans as haters. There's almost enough there for a short novel ;)

Cheers!

I'm actually quite familiar with much of the history of Brad Amidzich's original sliding shuttle Vent Matic design that inspired the Perlick 425 (later withdrawn due to legal issues) and now Intertap (and maybe others?) as well as the checkered production and legal history. Safe to say there are likely as many fans as haters. There's almost enough there for a short novel ;)

Cheers!
Well happy to PM with you as I will be writing something about in the future and it will not be a novel. We have good production and its a good product. I am sure it will make its mark.

Confused. Are we saying there are real Intertaps and cheap knock-off Intertaps or are all Intertaps knock-offs? I'm assuming not all Intertaps are knock-offs since they're being sold on the Keg King site referenced above.

https://www.keg-king.com.au/intertap-ss-tap-only-stainless-steel.html

I have a bunch of the Intertap G2 faucets and have been very happy with them. They've been reliable and maintenance free.

Also curious if the UltraTap spouts are compatible with the Intertaps spouts or are they completely different thread and size?

Thanks for helping clear up my confusion. I am building a portable keg cooler and will be purchasing additional faucets in the near future.

~HopSing.

Confused. Are we saying there are real Intertaps and cheap knock-off Intertaps or are all Intertaps knock-offs? I'm assuming not all Intertaps are knock-offs since they're being sold on the Keg King site referenced above.

https://www.keg-king.com.au/intertap-ss-tap-only-stainless-steel.html

I have a bunch of the Intertap G2 faucets and have been very happy with them. They've been reliable and maintenance free.

Also curious if the UltraTap spouts are compatible with the Intertaps spouts or are they completely different thread and size?

Thanks for helping clear up my confusion. I am building a portable keg cooler and will be purchasing additional faucets in the near future.

~HopSing.
I was just wondering the same thing...

From what I understand, the spouts are not interchangeable between the Intertap and the Ultratap. However the Ultratap spouts are interchangeable with the Ventmatic spouts.

This is all a fallout over the KegKing vs. KegLand legal war down under...

I would venture to guess that if you purchased your Intertap's from Williams or another stateside distributor, you got original Intertap's. If you purchased them from Aliexpress, you likely got knockoff's or quality reproductions. However you want to look at it.

Cheers!

Thought I replied to this but must have been day dreaming. Yes there is enough for a short novel and by the time you add the Australian connection now a not such short one. I will write something about this in the future but it will not be a novel. Anyway we are proud that we can offer a good quality stainless tap at a good price and we hope that its takeup will improve in the US soon. Feel free to message me if you have interest.

Thought I replied to this but must have been day dreaming. Yes there is enough for a short novel and by the time you add the Australian connection now a not such short one. I will write something about this in the future but it will not be a novel. Anyway we are proud that we can offer a good quality stainless tap at a good price and we hope that its takeup will improve in the US soon. Feel free to message me if you have interest.
Did Williams ever stock the actual Keg King faucet? I have some from them when they were first offered, before they suddenly got pulled from the market. Were these Chinese knock offs, even then? If not, at what point did the knock offs replace the genuine ones?

Also, who is the current US supplier in California? Many homebrewers are not fans of Northern Brewer at this point in time. They would probably enjoy buying these faucets from someone different.

Not daydreaming. You had indeed already answered this before, 4 posts up and about 16 hours earlier:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/intertap-beer-faucets.567485/page-28#post-8751082

Sometimes you need to refresh the page to see updates. Especially if you browsed back in the history, showing browser cached content that tends to be outdated. Although that can actually be helpful at times.

Did Williams ever stock the actual Keg King faucet? I have some from them when they were first offered, before they suddenly got pulled from the market. Were these Chinese knock offs, even then? If not, at what point did the knock offs replace the genuine ones?

Also, who is the current US supplier in California? Many homebrewers are not fans of Northern Brewer at this point in time. They would probably enjoy buying these faucets from someone different.
Williams were buying from AMCO in China and not from Keg King in Australia. Williams have not been purchasing from Keg King in Australia. The Beverage people in Santa Rosa should be able to assist you. Not sure what is going on at Northern Brewer since they were taken over.

Gabe Jackson

The Beverage People, Inc.

707-544-2520

www.thebeveragepeople.com

Hours: T-F 10:00 - 6:30, Sat 10:00 - 5:00, Sundays during Harvest 10:00 -

5:00

SONOMA COUNTY'S FERMENTATION HEADQUARTERS SINCE 1980

Not daydreaming. You had indeed already answered this before, 4 posts up and about 16 hours earlier:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/intertap-beer-faucets.567485/page-28#post-8751082

Sometimes you need to refresh the page to see updates. Especially if you browsed back in the history, showing browser cached content that tends to be outdated. Although that can actually be helpful at times.

Right that explains it. Once we get back from the annual vacation next Monday we are planning to become a sponsor on this site and also organise some giveaways (Ultrataps included). Our marketing man who hails from California is actually in the USA now and will co-ordinate this. We believe that we have good products and want to find a better way to make them available in the US. Our new PET Fermenters are really in demand elsewhere in the world and we think they will be welcomed once American home brewers see how well they work. Also our temperature control systems will do what brewers have need for a long time but without a fridge and at a reasonable cost. So we are looking for active businesses in the home and craft brew scene who are interested to offer our kit if you know of any.

Just to be clear here they werent actually knockoffs (or fake products) , They were just sold from the manufacturer that made them for keg king without keg king getting royalties as far as Ive read they were grey market.

I dont mean to upset anyone here but to be honest, Ive bought a bunch of different "keg king" branded products off of aliexpress over the years that comes in keg king retail packaging as much of the stuff keg king brands and sells seems to be just rebranded chinese generic stuff like my blichmann clone bottle filler. I honestly dont know how involved they are or arent in the engineering design phase and I imagine this varies with products. Even the keg king branded malt munchier mills are also sold as generic and other other brand names such as kegco and cereal killer. and northern brewers new branded mill... all from the same supplier and all arguably "Knockoffs" of monster mills designs. Mash an boils and robobrews fall into a similar category with many sellers on alibaba.

I have flow control stainless intertaps I bought for $25 each shipped in retail keg king packaging from aliexpress before someone on this site got the seller banned from selling to the US a few days later. They sold for $50+ each from even williams back then.

I also bought generic perlick style "knock offs" from aliexpress which really were knock offs only with the interchangeable intertap style spouts (perlick sold and discontinued these before intertap). Ive been using them at my brewpub for almost a year now with good success. but they are the perlick oring style internals. Ironically the machining is better on some than my real perlicks

It seems this is a lot like the northface "scandel" years back when the chinese makers of northface products started selling grey market to other vendors the still branded northface products for a fraction of the crazy prices they normally were sold at. only Northface was already being heavily marketed in america through legit dealers at the time unlike these.. Grey market and white market products are a real problem when you dont actually manufacture your own products.

Last edited:
Just to be clear here they werent actually knockoffs (or fake products) , They were just sold from the manufacturer that made them for keg king without keg king getting royalties as far as Ive read they were grey market.

I dont mean to upset anyone here but to be honest, Ive bought a bunch of different "keg king" branded products off of aliexpress over the years that comes in keg king retail packaging as much of the stuff keg king brands and sells seems to be just rebranded chinese generic stuff like my blichmann clone bottle filler. I honestly dont know how involved they are or arent in the engineering design phase and I imagine this varies with products. Even the keg king branded malt munchier mills are also sold as generic and other other brand names such as kegco and cereal killer. and northern brewers new branded mill... all from the same supplier. Mash an boils and robobrews fall into a similar category with many sellers on alibaba.

I have flow control stainless intertaps I bought for $25 each shipped in retail keg king packaging from aliexpress before someone on this site got the seller banned from selling to the US a few days later. They sold for $50+ each from even williams back then.

I also bought generic perlick style "knock offs" from aliexpress which really were knock offs only with the interchangeable intertap style spouts (perlick sold and discontinued these before intertap). Ive been using them at my brewpub for almost a year now with good success. but they are the perlick oring style internals. Ironically the machining is better on some than my real perlicks

It seems this is a lot like the northface "scandel" years back when the chinese makers of northface products started selling grey market to other vendors the still branded northface products for a fraction of the crazy prices they normally were sold at. only Northface was already being heavily marketed in america through legit dealers at the time unlike these.. Grey market and white market products are a real problem when you dont actually make your own products. remeber the "fake" apple stores in china?

Well you may have got product out of Chinese suppliers who used to be Keg King suppliers and these were sold by AMCO from Hong Kong (we have the orders and invoices to prove this). They had nothing to do with the real Keg King in Australia. Our name was used for this and I believe this was wrong. Keg King has never received or asked for royalties as we sell our products and have not licensed anyone to do this. It is wrong that a Chinese company was able to register our name in China and that an ex-employee of ours registered the Keg King name in the US and had it paid for by Keg King whilst in our employ. I think any decent person would understand that. So unless you bought stuff from Northern Brewer it has no right to be associated with the real and original Keg King from Australia. Frankly its disgusting that we get requests for help from people in the US who are unhappy with the people who they bought from thinking it was product sold by Keg King from Australia when it was not.

So whilst product might have come from the same factories that we used it was never supposed to be sold by AMCO and Keg King has no reason to stand behind it like it does its own products no matter where they are made. Time people knew about all this. Just visit the www.kegking.com.cn site and you can see the associations.

Back