Interest in a vacation/bottle share on Lake Superior?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarcatGSB your place is getting some national press in one of my favorite mags, Outside.
I couldn't find a link to it online but can take a pic of the actual article if you want?
Yeah I heard we were mentioned in Outside magazine...****'s about to blow up, we need to plan this whale slaying party soon!

with that said, I was thinking Memorial Day weekend, 2015...how does that sound to everyone? Memorial Day monday is the first weekday we are open (weekends prior), so I'm thinking we do the bottle share in the dining room Thursday, and figured the people travelling from around the Midwest get that extra Monday anyways.

Thought's concerns? If I get 5 or 6 rooms booked with TBer's, I'm willing to commit to a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday stay, or something of the likes, I'll block the whole hotel off and we can do this ***** right.

Don't know what everyone has planned for the Fourth of July...but if you're still up in the air, we throw a huge party, and this year it's gonna **** all over your chest. Fireworks, 5 bands, enough smoked meat to please King Mable (WWE reference)...and 20 Short's on tap. Here's the list:

#1. 1/2 Local's Light (2)
#2. 1/2 Prolonged Enjoyment (2)
#3. 1/2 Cerveza de Julie (2)
#4. 1/2 Thimbleberry Crush
#5. 1/2 Beach Wheat
#6. 1/2 Nicie Spicie
#7. 1/4 Alien Einstein
#8. 1/2 Yosemite Scooter
#9. 1/2 Hopstache
#10. 1/4 ControversiALE
#11. 1/2 Freedom of '78
#12. 1/2 The Curl
#13. 1/4 Liberator
#14. 1/4 Juicy Tree
#15. 1/2 Anniversary Ale
#16. 1/4 Publican Porter
#17. 1/6 Cup A Joe
#18. 1/4 Double Bourbon Wizard
#19. 1/2 Bourbon Barrel Sustenance
#20. 1/2 Bourbon Barrel Aphasia

This is an outdoor event. Camping is permitted on the shores of Lake Superior. No entry fee. All pours are 1 token, all food is 2 tokens. Tokens are five a piece. Fireworks at dark (11:15). Bar closes at 11, I'm home by 1 hopefully. Righteous.

Ill talk it over with the girlfriend to see if shes down to do this but thats more an enough notice for me. memorial day 2015 works and i think it would be pretty sweet. should be able to procure some whales by then :D

Don't know what everyone has planned for the Fourth of July...but if you're still up in the air, we throw a huge party, and this year it's gonna **** all over your chest. Fireworks, 5 bands, enough smoked meat to please King Mable (WWE reference)...and 20 Short's on tap. Here's the list:

#1. 1/2 Local's Light (2)
#2. 1/2 Prolonged Enjoyment (2)
#3. 1/2 Cerveza de Julie (2)
#4. 1/2 Thimbleberry Crush
#5. 1/2 Beach Wheat
#6. 1/2 Nicie Spicie
#7. 1/4 Alien Einstein
#8. 1/2 Yosemite Scooter
#9. 1/2 Hopstache
#10. 1/4 ControversiALE
#11. 1/2 Freedom of '78
#12. 1/2 The Curl
#13. 1/4 Liberator
#14. 1/4 Juicy Tree
#15. 1/2 Anniversary Ale
#16. 1/4 Publican Porter
#17. 1/6 Cup A Joe
#18. 1/4 Double Bourbon Wizard
#19. 1/2 Bourbon Barrel Sustenance
#20. 1/2 Bourbon Barrel Aphasia

This is an outdoor event. Camping is permitted on the shores of Lake Superior. No entry fee. All pours are 1 token, all food is 2 tokens. Tokens are five a piece. Fireworks at dark (11:15). Bar closes at 11, I'm home by 1 hopefully. Righteous.

Incredible list. Do you get these filled as they are on tap and keep them for events like this? Or is it just one bulk order? I'm in Kalamazoo and if I didn't have family/plans, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Back