Instructions help please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayeness

Reaction score
I have never dry hopped before (this is 4th brew).
Based on the instructions it seems like I will be putting it in the fermenter, letting it age a week+ then put it in the carboy with additional hops...
Is that the process?
20181104_195735.jpeg

Last edited:
What he said ^.
Avoid using secondaries or racking to another vessel, except for your bottling bucket, right before bottling.
It will all sink to the bottom anyway. Then rack the clear beer from the top.

Oh, dry hop when fermentation is done (final gravity is reached, 1-2 weeks after pitching yeast) and leave for 3-7 days on the dry hops (not 2-4 weeks). Then package.

Oh, dry hop when fermentation is done (final gravity is reached, 1-2 weeks after pitching yeast) and leave for 3-7 days on the dry hops (not 2-4 weeks). Then package.

Leaving your beer in the primary fermenter until it is done is much better than transferring it to secondary. Be sure to use the hydrometer to ensure fermentation is complete by taking a reading on about day 10 and again on day 12 or later. If the readings match, the beer is done and ready for dry hop. I sometimes wait 3 to 4 weeks before dry hopping. That lets more material that was stirred up in the fermentation to settle out and compact. Then I dry hop, usually for 7 days but sometimes as much as 14, then transfer to the bottling bucket, let set for half an hour for any trub that got transferred to settle out again, then bottle.

Back