Inline GFCI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZmannR2

Reaction score
Would an in-line GFCI cord such as this one work if installed between the element and the control panel? I’m asking because I don’t want to use GFCI to power my panel because it trips by using my pump on one leg.

AD08F4E0-1421-496A-92DE-366088990ADB.png

If your tripping because of your pump there's something wrong with your pump or your wiring. You should fix that issue before dropping $130 on a in-line GFCI :)

If your tripping because of your pump there's something wrong with your pump or your wiring. You should fix that issue before dropping $130 on a in-line GFCI :)

Nothing is wrong with my pump or wiring.....Probably should have said I'm on a 2-wire GFCI with no load nuetral....therefore I can't use one leg to ground for the pump because it trips my GFCI.

So, again protection wise, will this work? If so, I'll reinstall my original breaker and just sell my GFCI

The GFCI device is intended to be used at the receptacle in the wall, so it offers protection throughout the entire system , not just the element.

You really need to have 120VAC in the panel if you're running 120V pumps (if you want to do it right)

Back