Ingredient order fail?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugleBrew

Reaction score
Sort of. I ordered on Monday for an IPA I was going to brew this weekend, and the ingredients wont come in time!!! I only ordered because my LHBS didn't have all of the ingredients I needed. I could just go to the LHBS, pick up ingredients for a different beer, and brew this weekend anyway. Problem is, I don't have enough bottles to fill up the two batches of beer that are going to be ready in 3 and 4 weeks. I seriously want to brew, though. BLARGH!

and if you cannot afford to drink more for empties or start kegging...have a small party and make all ur friends buy the beer and tell em u want the bottles....and get a bench capper, cuz im betting your friends will drink BMC products with twistoffs

Dude, you live in Michigan. Go to any good beer store and buy their empties for a dime apiece. Seriously, this is a no-brainer. Even in BFE Big Rapids, we have a great beer store and I can score enough bottles for a batch of beer every time I go there.

Only problem might be having to clean them out, but a bit of PBW or Oxyclean or whatever and let them soak for a bit.

FWIW - I like the guinness bottles for refilling because they are a sexy shape and the plastic labels peel right off, no work needed. If you are lucky, a good place might even have some Grolsch bottles returned!

Back