infection????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSpooky

Reaction score
Hi, does this look like some sort of infection? Its been ferminting for 4 days.
The this is the first and only time that I opened the fermintor, and the only reason that I did was because the airlock was not bubbling. When I opened it, the beer was infact working. I could see the beer bubbling and smell alcohol. the only thing I can figure is that the lid on the ferment bucket isnt air tight not allowing the airlock to work properly.
Anyway, this is what I got..... does it look infected???? (sorry for the crappy cell pic)
thanks
jason
WP_001044_zps8a13b938.jpg

Maybe the start of something,with the whitish film here & there. If it was thinner & evenly spread,I'd say it was dry hop oils since they make a sort of oil on water sort of film on top.

@ AVL, thanks for the link, I'll check that out.
@ union, it possibabaly could have been more uninform, but yesterday I put my ear to the side of the buckett to see if I could hear any action. I kinda adgitated the bucket so maby I caused the stuff in question to divide up and not be more uniform. Should I just give it about another week and a half and then check it again?
thanks for the replies
. Jason

Latest posts

Back