InBev Aquires Another Craft Brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my home. I've lived there 8 years now and have invested countless hours into its upkeep and improvement. It's the only home my kids have ever known, which is pretty important to me because by the time I was 8, I had lived in 7 different houses. I plan on staying here till I die. However, if someone offered me a million for it I'd move in a heartbeat. I wouldn't care if the buyer was some hipster or some Asian 'massage'. I wouldn't care if they plan on tearing it down and building some neon eyesore for the neighborhood. Call me a sellout all you want but I've got college expenses to think of and when it comes down to it, my family is more important to me than your family.

Apparently the wicked weed founders are just wrong. It's obvious they haven't watched Beer Wars and have no insider information as to how bad this is for the craft beer industry. :rolleyes:

Business is business, the term "Craft" no longer has the meaning many people want to attribute to it or thought it meant. Small breweries who are now owned in part or entirety by large companies can still be a small group of people making a great beer, can still employ locally. The Brewers Association limits their definition to those that produce under 6mil BLL a year and only 25% can be owned by a non Craft Brewery. If you want to differentiate your brewery just using the term Craft won't do it.

All Hail the moniker "Independent Brewery" :mug:

not about Wicked Weed but an interesting opinion on AB-in Bev and the Dilution of craft
http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/beachwood-brewing-issues-statement-abi-owned-thebeernecessities-com/

Also this happened today "Lagunitas selling remaining stake to Heineken as founder Magee seeks growth for brand"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/drink/beer/ct-lagunitas-sale-tony-magee-heineken-20170504-story.html

Back