In the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infantryjared1

Reaction score
Bottled my first AG 5g batch today. The wife was on filling duty and i had capping. Went pretty smooth for our first attempt. Got exactly 48 bottles, but used the last one for a taste test. Really looking forward to eliminating store bought as much as possible. Got another batch fermenting right now. Thanks for the hand along the way!

I haven't bought a six since I started brewing last December. Not only a good feeling. It taste so much better too!

Bottled my first AG 5g batch today. The wife was on filling duty and i had capping. Went pretty smooth for our first attempt. Got exactly 48 bottles, but used the last one for a taste test. Really looking forward to eliminating store bought as much as possible. Got another batch fermenting right now. Thanks for the hand along the way!

That's a good start but if both of you enjoy beer you aren't going to keep up at that pace. Plan to start another batch so you can have time for the beer to mature.

It's really only me drinking it regularly. She's a one every so often girl. I plan to get my keezer up and running this weekend. Drink on 2 kegs and have a batch ready to go into an empty is the goal. Starting a stout Saturday :mug:

It's really only me drinking it regularly. She's a one every so often girl. I plan to get my keezer up and running this weekend. Drink on 2 kegs and have a batch ready to go into an empty is the goal. Starting a stout Saturday :mug:
During football season ( I tailgate a lot) I have to keep about 2 beers in the fermenters to keep up with demand.

In the off season I typically keep 2 in the kegs and one in the fermenter. At home it's just me and the occasional neighbor who comes with a growler.

I usually only drink around a case a week, so I think I'll have plenty. Worse comes to worse and I'll have to brew more often, what a bummer hahaha :yes:

I'm sure that will increase though when I start kegging and dont have empty bottles sitting on the counter silently judging me LOL

You'll find a schedule that suits you, I find that I turn around most beers in a month at minimum. Two weeks to ferment and two weeks to bottle condition. So for me if I can brew every other weekend it keeps the pipeline strong.

Back