In Belgian Wit (attemps at blue moon)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad

Reaction score
In everyones attempt to brew a Belgian Wit (Blue moon) has anyone ever added sweet orange peel to the secondary to bring out more of that blue moon taste? If so how long and how much for a five gallon batch? I am brewing Midwest supplies belgian wit extract kit and when I took my gravity reading took a sample it just does not seem orangie enough like blue moon?

I did sweet orange peel the last time. Smelled wonderful. I expect it would turn out good as I had used bitter orange peel in the past. Never got to taste it as I accidentally spilled the entire batch trying to aerate it. I will definitely try again when I have a chance though.

1.50 or so for the orange peel sure beats zesting 3-4 oranges IMHO.

just made a batch this weekend and i used sweet orange peel in the boil and then put 3lbs of peel and fruit in secondary. She's bubbling away.

I just want to say... THAT SUCKS!

I did sweet orange peel the last time. Smelled wonderful. I expect it would turn out good as I had used bitter orange peel in the past. Never got to taste it as I accidentally spilled the entire batch trying to aerate it. I will definitely try again when I have a chance though.

1.50 or so for the orange peel sure beats zesting 3-4 oranges IMHO.

Latest posts

Back