Imperial stout ready?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjoystick

Reaction score
Did an Imperial Stout with Muntons Gold Imperial Stout kit + 1 kg of black spraymalt, added coldsteeped coffee to secondary. Used the kit's yeast and Wyeast London Ale yeast.

Started brewing 15.2. (OG 1.067) and switched to secondary 22.2 (OG 1.024).
I tooked the og again yesterday (2.2.) and it was 1.021.

Was thinking of waiting another week before bottling. What OG should I get when bottling?

Did an Imperial Stout with Muntons Gold Imperial Stout kit + 1 kg of black spraymalt, added coldsteeped coffee to secondary. Used the kit's yeast and Wyeast London Ale yeast.

Was thinking of waiting another week before bottling. What OG should I get when bottling?

Hello, Your dates are confusing, are you going back in time?
Anyway, Imperial stouts take a lot of time to finish/age/condition, something like 6 months to a year.

Cheers :mug:

Your specific gravity may not change in the secondary vessel.

Give it a couple of weeks. Keep the secondary a little warmer than your fermenting temperature. With a warmer temperature the suspended yeast may get some more work done with some luck.

An extra two weeks in the primary may have given you a lower FG. The generic Muntons instructions are just a guide that need to adjusted for the beer being brewed. High OG beers take more time.

Back