Imperial Capri

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got a pack of it in a starter right now, planning to throw it in a double ipa tomorrow. I’ll report back. Seems like it’s just making it to regular consumers now so most people haven’t tried it yet. The starter smells amazing though.

After looking at it on the Imperial website, I am not sure what the selling point is. Less attenuation helps offset hop creep, maybe. My next Hazy is being done with Cosmic Party.

My next Hazy is being done with Cosmic Party.

Cosmic Punch, right? That yeast is a GMO product designed to release bound thiols. Capri is a genetic cross between a popular NEIPA yeast and a Kveik yeast. They seem very different, and Capri seems quite interesting to me. I would be curious how it combines traits from Juice and Loki. The listed temp range of 72–76F (22–24C) is interesting. That is a pretty common "room temp" range that is higher than most standard ale yeasts. It could be a great choice for those lacking dedicated temperature control.

Cosmic Punch, right? That yeast is a GMO product designed to release bound thiols. Capri is a genetic cross between a popular NEIPA yeast and a Kveik yeast. They seem very different, and Capri seems quite interesting to me. I would be curious how it combines traits from Juice and Loki. The listed temp range of 72–76F (22–24C) is interesting. That is a pretty common "room temp" range that is higher than most standard ale yeasts. It could be a great choice for those lacking dedicated temperature control.
Could be Star Party, too.

Last time I was at my LHBS the owner said he had some of this on order, and suggested I try it since I've had good results with Loki. Might grab a pack on my next trip.

So far, 3 days in and 79% attenuation. Very strong and quick. There is a ton of flavor in it. I mashed at 152° to ensure I hit around 8% as planned. Also interesting is the clumping that seems to be happening. As advertised, it seems to for a firm cake when it settles out which will be key as I’m trying to dry hop without trub in the unitank. I’ll report more thoroughly soon.

Back