I'm new here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dansmith13

Reaction score
I just bought a starter equipment kit yesterday and brewed a batch (clone kit) today. I had the same starter equipment (true brew) about 10 years ago and brewed 2 batches and got frustrated with the clean up so it sat for years and then got lost in a move. I decided to get back into it again and I'm excited.

I got a Co2 corny keg kit with it so I can alleviate some of the cleanup and I have a dishwasher now so it shouldn't be as big of a deal. I may bottle some too though.

The batch I brewed today was a Heineken clone. I hope it comes out good. It looked pretty good before fermenting and smelled like it was on the right track.

Anyway, I've looked all over this site and it looks like a great place for information and to feed this new (and old) addiction of mine. :D

I've been brewing six years and I know I would have dropped it, except for cornies. I hate washing bottles!

I still wish I never lost all the equipment because I just bought the exact same kit I used to have but that part didn't cost that much anyway I guess. I think the equipment kit was about $60. It's the Co2 setup that was costly...but I think it will be worth it!

Hiya Dan, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here, and they will help anyway they can. If ever you have a question, just ask. Glad to have you back in the brew game!

Thanks a lot. I'm really excited about brewing again. I remember how good it was and I hadn't even gotten good at it yet at that time. I can't wait to see what a little practice gets me!

Latest posts

Back