i'm laughing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so people, i've been brewing once a week for 17 years.....and although it's not HARD work it's work...

so i had some 14% sugar wash, i was going to condense into lemonaid mix....then just said f'it, why not strait up? filled up a pitcher and gave it about a cup and a half of oj for good measure, and bottoms up....it was actually pretty good?

if i said i wouldn't mind taking a vacation from 'brewing' for a bit...and a 10 gallon batch of sugar wash and gallon of oj is the same price as beer....

on a scale of looking down on me 0 being i'd rather go to the bar and collect urine, and 8 f'it why not...and 10 "Man I Love Me Some White Claw!"

exactly how much HBT cred would i lose? i just want a break! and this seems like a relaxing time on the beach! :mug:

What is sugar wash?

it's distiller speak for damn i need to lower my brows?

but anyway i just boiled 1lb of wheat germ, add it and 12lbs table sugar to a top of volume of ~10 gallons water...added some wine yeast, it's fermenting away...but i think you can geusstupose my question from that concoction......i mean drink that, when on rare occasion i do shave, can i like what i see in the mirror? or should i hang my head in shame?

i mean i'm not being taken advantage of or anything? but is that really enough?

It depends, really. The sun shining being the main factor, for me. Otherwise, is it really a beach? If it's going to be cloudy with a chance of meatballs, stay at home and brew beer all day. If it's sunny, grab that 'oj' and head straight for the beach. A 'HBT' t-shirt is going to help maintain any cred, if one of the mods clocks you on the beach hanging out with 'oj'. Just smile and wave.

A 'HBT' t-shirt is going to help maintain any cred, if one of the mods clocks you on the beach hanging out with 'oj'. Just smile and wave.
i'm still waiting for the merch store to open! and i didn't realize i was being timed! is this like a bull rider having to do "the most dangerous 8 seconds"?
Ah, wash away. I'd say solid "8 - f'it."
well i i tossed an extra kegs worth of water into my fermenter and kegged what my refrac and hydro say was a SG of 1.005 & BRIX of 8.6...beersmith teels me it's 10% ABV, i split about 3/4 galloon o.j. between the three kegs.... i'll🤞and hope i don't get made too much fun of, and can still hang out in music match.....

i didn't realize i was being timed!
Nor did I. Cheeky buggers! I didn't realise mods carried stopwatches either 🧐 But to clock someone, at least 'on the beaches' in southern England, is to notice someone, even if you deny any recollection of it at a later date when questioned about the possibility. Obviously, no one wants to admit they went to the beach with a stopwatch to monitor folk interacting with 'oj' all afternoon. Nothing like trainspotters, who seem to love admitting what they're up to.

No, it refers to beating someone for a good reason, on a beach or anywhere where they might accidently on purpose kick sand in someone's face. Although it's possible the reason fades after sobering up. Most probably blame it on 'oj' then do a runner.

Last edited:
You know Brac if you didn't post anything about not brewing no one would know. Act as if everything is progressing as normal and all cred is maintained. I say its a 10, but I'd get tired of white claw real quick. I suppose you could make a hop tea and add that, or even better maybe 3-4 oz of Angasura bitters, that would add something to the mix. :mug:

You know Brac if you didn't post anything about not brewing no one would know. Act as if everything is progressing as normal and all cred is maintained. I say its a 10, but I'd get tired of white claw real quick. I suppose you could make a hop tea and add that, or even better maybe 3-4 oz of Angasura bitters, that would add something to the mix. :mug:

thanks for the idea! my current 'hard seltzer' i'm thinking i'll toss a couple ounces dark toasted oak into the fermenter., and maybe buy a bottle of grenadine for? 🤔

Back