If anyone is looking for a good laugh...here you go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was bored and decided to see what youtube had for beer reviews. Well, this was my first time I had done this and was I pleasantly suprised at the comedians that have filmed themselves drinking beer and trying to explain them :). I somehow don't think they are being funny, but may I was rolling.

Anyways, here is a great example of what I am talking about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zZjxbBos_k]YouTube - Opitimator Spaten Munich Beer review[/ame]

Better yet, he is wearing a coors light hat.

Some good quotes from this one:

"This has some great roasted hops"

"if this bottle was refridgerated for 600 years it would probably be pretty nasty."

"wow! that smells dark"

Yeah, when it became apparent that he neither knew what hops were, nor what they might taste like, I gave up.

Seriously, the Coors Light hat was strike 1, the quote "Wow! That smells really dark!" was strike two. The roasted hops was strike 3, and he is OUTTA THERE!

Yeah, youtube is full of these, I was amazed.

even the title is all fubared up:

Opitimator Spaten Munich Beer review

Ok, let's see

Optimator = name of beer
Spaten = people who make said beer
Munich = Place where it is made

I would not have picked "Optimator Spaten Munich beer review"

"3.75 out of 5"

Yup that definitely made me laugh. Too bad he didn't describe his extremely technical system for rating beer.

SWMBO said 'since when do you roast hops?!' and she knows precious little about beer...

My favorite part: 'You can't even see that I'm flippn' you the bird there.'

Priceless!!

Lmao, "Yep it is definatly better out of the bottle, you dont get as sharp of an aftertaste."

Is this the same guy that reviewed a Centennial Blonde as a "Sentinel Blonde?"

I can't find the original video I'm talking about. Surely someone here knows what I'm talking about, and has more Youtube skill than I. :drunk:

Ummmm. I guess with the crappy aftertaste he left in the back of my throat, oh wait that was barf, I suppose maybe I'll give him a .75 out of 10. That's only because it was a little entertaining??? GEEEEEEZ!

I liked the "it says its bottom-fermented. That means its a doppelbock. I have no idea what that means . . ."

Are there any good beer reviews on youtube or are they all pretty much like this one?

Wondering if need to do a little public service for the beer drinkers who watch youtube.

I hope no one finds you doing something stupid on the internet. Hey, they guy likes talking to himself and drinking beer, what's so wrong about that?

haters.gif

Pretty much. You should try it too.

I agree with PseudoChef, you are a ********* (he didn't say that, I did). I guess it's fun to make fun of a "beer reviewer"... on a site full of master brewers.

The dude's review has flaws, to be sure. It certainly hasn't deserved the wall of hate brought down by this forum of master brewers.

This is the forum of master brewers isn't it... no noobs here right?

Well then.. hate on!

haters.gif

He is an idiot. In 10 seconds and he could have googled up the info he didn't know and could have sounded like he had a clue. It's not like he doesn't own a computer. He must like looking stupid. I'm only sad I gave him a one view.

I hope no one finds you doing something stupid on the internet. Hey, they guy likes talking to himself and drinking beer, what's so wrong about that?

I do stupid things on the internet all the time, thats what the internet is good for...

but seriously...how can you not poke fun at somethig like that. I mean he just presents himself to it in so many ways from the coors light hat, to the roasted hops, to the "wine bottle beer." My buds make fun of me because I know a thing or two about beer. If I were to meet this guy in real life I would love to toss a few back with him, show him what beer is made of, and talk about his sweet set of weaponry on the wall(that should be in a safe.)

He does sound like he is trying to make a decent review but im sorry when I hear someone say something stupid, I am going to laugh...and people will laugh at me when I am stupid. The walk of life.

I agree with PseudoChef, you are a ********* (he didn't say that, I did). I guess it's fun to make fun of a "beer reviewer"... on a site full of master brewers.

The dude's review has flaws, to be sure. It certainly hasn't deserved the wall of hate brought down by this forum of master brewers.

Well then.. hate on!

haters.gif

Sorry, but here's why you are wrong:

1) We all have done stupid things in our time. The difference is, when I did stupid things in my youth, I didn't record these things and present them as intelligent reviews. When I did stupid things, I knew said things were stupid (such as lighting a lake on fire, back when people in my town dumped their used oil in the lake) and I didn't try to pass my mistakes off as informed reviews.

2) Whatever stupid things I did, I did purely in the name of stupidity. I never attempted to present myself as a professional, nor would I have encouraged such behavior in others.

3) When/If I did such things, I would have at least checked to see if there was a database of information that rendered my observations obsolete.

4) I would lrn2google. Say for example, I decided that I had stumbled upon the next great thing, craft beer. I would at least go to Google and search for sites that already existed, seeing if they had superior reviews of this "OMG DARK DARK DARK!" beer.

Wow, you guys are so cool that you can bash someone who isn't as cool as you and your beer snobbery.

Normally i would agree. You won't learn about beer if you don't drink and educate yourself on the different styles. I mean we all were (or still are) beginners once.

That being said there is no excuse for "It tastes like a roasted hop, like a burnt hop."

A BMC drinker trying a nice beer is not something to be scorned.....

If only the rest of that crowd could be so brave.....

Well then.. hate on!

See, now wasn't that fun?

+1 GuitatBob!!! "Hate" is a pretty strong word. Honestly, I really didn't feel any hatered at all when I watched the video. We're just bashing something worthy of a good bashing, IMHO!:rockin:

If you're gonna speak about something with authority, as this idiot is attempting to do, you have to at least learn a couple things about the subject. Like the process of making beer, ingredient processing, any characteristic other than colour. I try not to be a beer snob but that hick doesn't have a ****ing clue and deserves all the flak he gets. BTW I saw him review Chimay Bleu a few months ago and **** myself. His site is mostly a guns and ammo redneck type thing, so I'm not surprised at his ignorance.

You should watch his chimay grande reserve review.He says it's from spain and then proceeds to say that it is "good" over and over again for 9 mins.He's right,chimay is awesome.But You shouldnt put this crap on the internet if you dont know what your talking about.<---hater:D

Having a laugh at someone else's expense it's just human nature. This guy appears to be perfectly normal, healthy and in generally good form. He is just having a blond moment so it's OK to laugh at him. He seems a decent sort of guy that you could have a laugh about this with if you were face to face........It's not like he is a mentally deficient paraplegic with irritable bowel syndrome. If that were the case, then yeah, laughing would just be plain wrong.

You should watch his chimay grande reserve review.He says it's from spain and then proceeds to say that it is "good" over and over again for 9 mins.He's right,chimay is awesome.But You shouldnt put this crap on the internet if you dont know what your talking about.<---hater:D

I've seen enough of his beer expertise with this review.

I'm completely with Gnome and others, the guy seems a perfectly decent chap AND I have no problem at all chuckling at this. If he were a friend of mine there would be no end of the good-natured ribbing that I would give him for it. "Aww Dude! Your review was er . . . um . .. really really good. Kind of a harsh finish but still really really good. I mean, I'm no expert on reviewing reviewers but your review was really really good."

I've seen enough of his beer expertise with this review.

I'm completely with Gnome and others, the guy seems a perfectly decent chap AND I have no problem at all chuckling at this. If he were a friend of mine there would be no end of the good-natured ribbing that I would give him for it. "Aww Dude! Your review was er . . . um . .. really really good. Kind of a harsh finish but still really really good. I mean, I'm no expert on reviewing reviewers but your review was really really good."

Maybe somebody should do a bunch of reviews of a the various beer reviews on youtube. Then maybe we could get someone else to review the reviews of those reviews. Of course then we would need yet another person to review those reviews of the reviews to make sure they're up to our standards.

Hmm... this is starting to sound like a bunch of work, maybe we could try the beers ourselves and form our own opinion.

P.S. Please stop hating the haters. Haters are people too.

Be careful with the criticism.

You did notice all of those guns on the wall didn't you?

And, Is that a big yellow Geiger Counter on the desk?

Maybe when he's not doing beer reviews he spends his free time working on his manifesto.

I'm just glad he clarified what he meant by front end taste versus aftertaste. He was REALLY starting to lose me at that point. Slow down egghead!!!

HURRAY 100 POSTS! Mostly useless ones like this unfortunately, I mean nothing that really enriches the human condition...like this kick ass beer review here!!!!!

Back