Ideas for a session beer w homegrown Cascade hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcpup

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got about 6 oz of homegrown Cascade in my freezer. I harvested them last September. I used most in a witbier (along with some pellet hops), but thought I'd see what my hops tasted like with little interference. This was my first harvest, so I'm guessing the AA% is low???

A SMASH came to mind as a possibility. I'm really cool with it as a session beer. I don't care if it is a Smash or not, just that I get a chance to taste the hops. Also, I'd rather not spend too much on the grain in case my hops alone don't taste too good. ;-)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Yep, the recipe posted is for hop pellets.

It's a recipe that's designed to be easy, inexpensive, and it should appeal to a large audience. It's pretty much proved that, but one of the best features is it's quaffability. :D

EdWort said:
Yep, the recipe posted is for hop pellets.

It's a recipe that's designed to be easy, inexpensive, and it should appeal to a large audience. It's pretty much proved that, but one of the best features is it's quaffability. :D

Thanks, EdWort. A batch of this is in my future.

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

Back