I Want a Gronola Bar in a Glass!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me that a good start to a granola beer would have a grain bill prominently featuring oats/oat malt and maybe some honey malt.

i've tried brewing 100% oat malt beer, if you ever want to try, the smell during the boil is hard to describe beside heavy cream! unfortanly cold and in the glass i thought it was grassy...maybe i'll try again with 50%oat malt, and 50% flaked oats.....

and i'm drinking my Victory beer.....i'd describe it as granola that got burned in the oven...and i was testing to see if it had conversion power, and still don't know...i added 2.25lbs of white flour to the 19.5lbs of victory malt....i ended up with a stuck sparge and only got 75% effec, instead of my usuall 83-90....i checked my last running that were slowly trickling out as i was boiling, because i had to get up early for work the next morning.

got 10 gallons of 1.055 wort, and the last bit trickling out was still coming out at 1.026 or so...so crap sparge, you tell me if that means it has enzymes??? it will make beer as a 100% grain bill though!

Back