I try to choose my words carefully, but???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
Marijauna beer? I simply ask because of the recent talk in politics of ending MJ prohibition to raise money through taxes for the defecit/economy. At any rate, is anyone willing to comment on the use of the "devil's lettuce" in homebrewing? I hope this to be a topic of interest, but I will understand if moderators choose to remove this thread, however, I hope everyone has an open mind.

Has anyone ever tried a recipe for THC/ Marjuana brew?, If so, what is the best method?

Remember this stuff has taken away Chemotherapyand glaucoma symptoms, and other relative disease symptoms, why not employ a little homebrew?

I'm an advocate of the stuff, but limitations must be set, so I am not a "free for all" type, but I am a "free country" type.

One word, PROHIBITION, we have another one.

Please comment, I hope this thread becomes very informative!

IB4TL

Personally, I wish they would legalize marijuana, especially for the military population. Napoleon, after traveling through Turkey and discovering hashish, forbade his troops from drinking alcohol, and instead encouraged the use of marijuana. Less fighting amongst the troops, and no hangover.

But yeah, IB4TL. As long as it's illegal, it's not welcome on HBT.

llazy llama, thank you. There is just too much taboo about weed, dope, pot, herbs... Thank you for replying to this thread, because I am sure there are more here than will lead on that are for the Refer-lution. I have had a "Green Dragon" drink before, if you are familiar, and whoa! WTF!

I'm looking for a flovoring/addition that will accentuate the stuff not bastardize it.

Again, PROHIBITION, why is it fair for brew, but not bud?"

Why not put the two together?...Peanut butter and Jelly time!

Just kidding, at the very least, I want more to be serious about this topic, and I hope it raises a good discussion.

Search around this forum and google marijuana beer. There is quite a bit of info out there. It has been done.

10.............9...................8...................7.....................6..................

There was a recipe in High Times Magazine back in the 70's. I think they just soaked 5 lbs in water for a week then use the water and brew normally.

Your gonna have a hard time...THC is not water soluble, you need some sort of fat for the THC molecules to bond. oil(fat) + beer = no bueno.

It was just a thought really, I was certain it has been done/tried before. I just wondered if anyone here has attempted it with any success. I do understand the fat solubility with THC and the issue this can create, but THC is also alcohol soluble. I think that is how they make hash oil.

I was hoping to spark a discussion on this topic just to see what others thoughts were.

Thanks for the google Clonefarmer!

This all being illegal, so this is strictly speculative...

I wonder if the THC suffers during the aging of the beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back