I think I messed up a batch, please help..!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyb15fd

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a fresh batch, I live in florida and its hot and humid here so I set up my garage fridge to 70 degrees for my batch. When I went to bed the temp read 72 on the bucket which was great, when I woke up the temp on the bucket was 58..!! Not sure how that happened.. I haven't noticed any bubbles coming from my airlock..!! Did I ruin this batch, or will it be ok.. The temp right now is between 72-74..!!

You may need to swirl the bucket to rouse the yeast but they should be fine. FWIW most yeast like their temps in the mid 60's, what yeast are you using?

Don't worry if you see bubbles or not. But do what wyazz says and give the bucket a gentle swirl. Remember airlocks are just vents to release EXCESS co2, NOT an accurate gauge of what it happening in your fermenter.

Thanks, Im not sure what kind of yeast, it came with the kit.. I gave it a swirl and its at a steady 70 degrees now..

I started seeing bubbles in my airlock, I guess the yeast was ok.. I swirled the bucket like I was advised. Thanks again for the info.. I live in florida and its HOT here right now.. I put my bucket inside a container and I keep ice in it so my temp is at a steady 72.. Yesterday I ran out of ice and the temp shot up to 78.. Damn florida heat and humidity..

Back