i really want a Fermzilla All-rounder -- what to do for a fermentation chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
anybody using one of these? the i'm curious to know what you're using for a fermentation chamber. the easy way would be a chest freezer, but mine is being used as the keezer so i'd rather not have to re-arrange all my crap.

is there anything that's fairly easy to get into shape for this? its about 14" wide per specs, which is well beyond what most little mini fridges can handle in front of the hump. and at over 20" tall even peeling back the freezer coils it wouldnt be tall enough to go on the hump.

id like to get one of these for home use but i just cant seem to figure out how to chill it without having to move all my kegs and hops and whatnot out of the chest freezer.

any ideas much appreciated.

Jump on the vertical freezer fermentation chamber train. Cheap or free to find, easy to load full fermenters into (1/2 bbl keg in my case), easy to control (Inkbird 308), and easy cold crash. The only time I’ve ever had an issue with condensation is when my wrap heater slipped off the keg and warmed up the chamber instead of directly the keg. Even then, it was just a puddle of condensation on the floor (easy cleanup) and it had no effect on beer quality.

Had one. But had to get rid of it after kid #2. If I could find a smaller slim one maybe, but hasn’t happened.

im not excited about it but wife offhandedly mentioned the deck to put the ferm chamber. I could hopefully get a small chest freezer for cheap and be in business. Only issue is that it’d be exposed to the elements. There’s a small bit of roof overhang but it’s gonna get wet for sure.

I use an all rounder and it lives in a chest freezer. Not too difficult to lift a full fermenter into the chest freezer, but i guess that depends on your physical condition. If you can find an upright go for it. There were no used uprights in my area so the chest freezer was inexpensive.

Keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist for a used kegerator. I see them going around here for $100-150ish occasionally in decent shape. (Bunch of non homebrewers who thought a kegerator was a good idea... then grew up, and decided they don't need a keg of Miller lite on hand at all times...)

I picked one up for $100, removed the tower, fashioned a plug for the hole (not hard to do). It will fit 2 of most 6.5-7.5 gallon fermenters simultaneously, or a 15.5 gal kegmenter style

I think they're ideal if you can find one cheapish.

(I do use a temp controller on it.)

Haven’t seen any that fit a 1/2bbl keg, and the all rounder is nearly as wide. Just seeing the regular style with hump.

Back