I need to name my son.. any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this will be my third and final child..

Alexa, Dylan, and ????? I think Logan is the front runner but my wife likes Gunner also so well see which way she goes.

Serious name: Walter

Beer names:
Rahr
Briess
Perle
Hal
Kent
Willam
Cooper
Kolsch
Budvar
Bock
Brux
Hef
Rogen

She is more of a unique names type of person and im more of a traditional names person.. we dont see eye to eye often.. though our shortlist now contains:

Grayson, Logan, Gotham

Go with Colt.

Chexinda ? All seriousness aside I would wait til much later this evening .I'm sure once the buzz kicks in for everyone the bar will be raised significantly.

Mitsurugi
Trigger
Felix
Thunder Snow
Hoss
Kid #3
The Final Countdown (full first name)

Lot of great names here.

How abut a first and middle name? Marris Otter??

Congrats!!

:mug:

I wanted to name my son Otter (really). When asked why I would do an Otter impression (hands clenched over belly trying to open something) and somehow that wasn't convincing.

We named him Ryder. All my kids (And I) have last name first names. Super regal.

just to make his life more difficult his surname will be " Male " .. Ive lived with it my whole life and turned out ok... my wife is still adjusting

In a positive way?

Wait, the last name will be Male? That changes everything.

Chain
Express
To (Tomale? Get it?)

I get it.

Well this will be my third and final child..

Alexa, Dylan, and ????? I think Logan is the front runner but my wife likes Gunner also so well see which way she goes.

Alexylan.

There you go.

Or Poptart. Poptarts are good.

So we found out last weekend that it is a boy.. now I have to name him.. or at least come up with a short list. It cant be Dylan (because that's his big brothers name)..

I tried Porter.. but the wife shot that down. I told her if it were twin boys we could name them Hunter and Fisher... and that got shot down.. so now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Congrats on not having a girl :mug::rockin: Bret is my name and its GREAT! Uncommon but tons of popular Bret's out there....

Great option!

Levi Ethan

"And in this corner, weighing in at 8 lbs 10 oz, LEVIATHAN!"

Unfortunately I said that last bit out loud and ruined any chances of being allowed to use it.

Grossy

I am honored that your son has now been named after me. :ban:

He is not the first.

I have 3 girls....always wanted a boy to be named Lyric. In retrospect it probably would have worked for a girl as well.... And +1 to the guy above me who says Finnigan...my best friend's boy is Finnigan McCarrol....

How about Ulysses S. Male; otherwise known as US Male. Very patriotic.

True story: friend in college her name was Crystal Frost, her fathers name was Jack. She got married and became Crystal Hardin. They had a child and wanted to name him Peter Hardin--We all said no way you cant do that...

Last edited:
Something with the middle name Danger, should cancel out the surname.

Plato or Brix. I first suggested these for a dog, but since my suggestions weren't taken, you can have them instead.

I think trying to work with your last name is going to be difficult, and besides your friends and family call you by your first name (if good, otherwise a nickname). The best ever name combo I ever heard, was a NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. Seriously, are you kidding me!! So, lots of laughs here, but... how about:

Trevor
Galen
(both names are nephews and good solid names)
as for beer references, which we know won't fly....
Sparge
Fly Sparge
Wort- actually that's really no good...
Hot Side
O Two
Columbus
Chiller, or simply Chill
Gusher

Ok, I'm done now.....oh wait, I guess Lagunita's Sucks & Hopsolutely are out too??!:D

I tried to convince my wife to name our second son Porter, she said didn't want her son named after anything beer related. So then I suggested "Brett". She loved it, so that's the name we chose. Then two months after he was born I broke the news to her about Brett being short for Brettanomyces. She just rolled her eyes... I win! But I second the name Brett, strong name that's not too common and not odd.

I've always been a fan of names that reflect the child's cultural heritage. Could be named for an ancestor, or just a traditional name in said culture, maybe a place name from "the old country." Maybe even a combination of 2 or 3 names. Example: Sarah + Erin = Seryn. You kind of have to spell it that way, cuz if you spell it Sarin, well, that's a nerve agent used in chemical warfare & let's face it, NOBODY wants that around.

So what's your heritage? Your wife's? Who are some people you both admire/respect? Or a quality you hope he will posses? I've always liked the names Johan (pronounced "Yohahn"), Sven, Leif (Layf), Gunther (Gunter), Christopher or Kristoff (Kreestoff), Ethan, Logan; Carson is kind of nice too.
Whatever name you & your wife finally decide on, congratulations to you both & I hope everybody is & remains happy & healthy.
Regards, GF.

My older brother is named Sherman; I always liked that one. My older son (stepson) is Donovan, named after his mother's favorite uncle; my younger one is Dwaine, after my father.

When I was born they named me after both grandfathers. Apparently my mother won the argument or coin toss or whatever: my first name is Troy after her father, and my middle name is Warren. Not saying my dad was a stubborn man, but he called me Warren until the day I left home...

Back