I need to name my son.. any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So we found out last weekend that it is a boy.. now I have to name him.. or at least come up with a short list. It cant be Dylan (because that's his big brothers name)..

I tried Porter.. but the wife shot that down. I told her if it were twin boys we could name them Hunter and Fisher... and that got shot down.. so now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

just to make his life more difficult his surname will be " Male " .. Ive lived with it my whole life and turned out ok... my wife is still adjusting

just to make his life more difficult his surname will be " Male " .. Ive lived with it my whole life and turned out ok... my wife is still adjusting

Pale Ale

Seriously, let your wife come up with the possible names. I was sent to get the "big" name book (before the innuhnet), and guess what she named him? The very first name in the book! :smack:
I think before the book, Wesley originally had made it to the short list, until we found out it means "wimpy." Can't have that. Samson was a tough one too.

Here's why:

zR14c24.jpg

She is more of a unique names type of person and im more of a traditional names person.. we dont see eye to eye often.. though our shortlist now contains:

Grayson, Logan, Gotham

Dangit, that's what I was going to suggest. That gives your wife license to roll over in the middle of the night when the baby's crying and say "Honey, Gotham needs you" and you will spring in to action.

In other news, my wife is having a boy in May, and his name will be Ian David. I was meant to be named Ian, but my dad changed his mind, and they came up with David, my paternal great-granddad's name. David isn't necessarily to be named after me, but my wife always said she'd name her son David in honor of her maternal grandfather. Guess it's a two-fer.

My son's teacher just named her boy- Ronan... Maybe Grant or Tanner... FYI, there's a girl with the name Grayson in my son's class.

Please nothing that ends in -en. Examples: Haiden, Aiden, Paiden, Raiden (I have seen all of these and they make me hurt. For boys and for girls).

One my wife and I considered was Lucas; solid name, not too weird, but not super common either.

yeah but i dont want him to kill me when hes an adult...

My name is Sue.. how do you do?.. your gonna die!!

Actually, Sue called him his Pa and he called him Son and he left with a different point of view.

I like Gunner a lot actually. Grayson is cute. My three favorite names have always been Sam, Josh and Jack. Samson, Samuel, Jackson, Sammie for a girl...etc. Very common though.

Pale Ale

Seriously, let your wife come up with the possible names. I was sent to get the "big" name book (before the innuhnet), and guess what she named him? The very first name in the book! :smack:
I think before the book, Wesley originally had made it to the short list, until we found out it means "wimpy." Can't have that. Samson was a tough one too.
Everything that I've seen on the meaning of Wesley was some variation of "from the west meadow".

Everything that I've seen on the meaning of Wesley was some variation of "from the west meadow".

I hope so and I still like the name. I'm not sure where that connotation came from. Can't find any references to it now. Australian slang perhaps?

Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. :mug:

I hope so and I still like the name. I'm not sure where that connotation came from. Can't find any references to it now. Australian slang perhaps?

Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. :mug:
None taken. I'd just never seen that before.

I'd never name my sons after a beer. If I had another son, I'd name him Aloysius.

:D

Back