I made beer and it tastes good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philistine

Reaction score
firstbrew_zpsd85f094e.jpg

LOL I actually made beer. And its not bad. Certainly there are some improvements to be made (clarity, hop utilization, head retention) but I'm addressing those in my new recipes.

This was a very basic amber ale. Just extract and hops for 60 minutes. I've since moved on to steeping grains w/extract and hop scheduling (I have a California Common and a Belgian Saison waiting in the wings)

All grain is in the future. A local brewmaster is installing an all grain, three tier brew stand at the local art collective that will be free to use.

If that's a fermenting beer in the background in the pic,best cover it to keep it from getting skunked. Nice lookin ale.

Thanks guys! I've been really enjoying the process and the results too. ;)

If that's a fermenting beer in the background in the pic,best cover it to keep it from getting skunked. Nice lookin ale.

That is an alcoholic version of the Finnish Sima (mead) my dad made when were were kids.

Traditional Sima is made with bread yeast and bottled just a day or so after fermentation starts (a very low alcohol, fizzy lemon drink). I've taken a more Melomel direction with this. It will ferment (using D-47) w/fruit for a week (already done) and then let it ferment out. After that I will back sweeten and bottle to carb up. Probably going to bottle pasteurize when I feel I've hit a good carb level (using a plastic soda bottle to judge the carb level). This will be a green mead, meant to be drank in ~4 weeks from start.

Thanks guys! I've been really enjoying the process and the results too. ;)

That is an alcoholic version of the Finnish Sima (mead) my dad made when were were kids.

Traditional Sima is made with bread yeast and bottled just a day or so after fermentation starts (a very low alcohol, fizzy lemon drink). I've taken a more Melomel direction with this. It will ferment (using D-47) w/fruit for a week (already done) and then let it ferment out. After that I will back sweeten and bottle to carb up. Probably going to bottle pasteurize when I feel I've hit a good carb level (using a plastic soda bottle to judge the carb level). This will be a green mead, meant to be drank in ~4 weeks from start.

And how long to ship a bottle of your Sima to Florida?

:mug: :cross:

Back