I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither of those links worked on my phone...so that's my problem. I have read that those two songs were released on purple vinyl 45. Check your collections guys...I will buy it if you have one...

Neither of those links worked on my phone...so that's my problem. I have read that those two songs were released on purple vinyl 45. Check your collections guys...I will buy it if you have one...
Try this one.
rtsp://v1.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQm2S3nfhccH8xMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYK-BrJaRpNnSUQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp

Oh, poo.

Well, at least replacing the broken spring on my garage door doesn't look like it's as difficult as I thought.

LG,

I've used this link before, but have paid to have it done the last two times. They can be tricky.
Thanks for the link. I've been doing a bit of research, and it looks like I can get springs with expected cycle lifes of around 43,000 for about 150 with shipping. Not horrible. That should come out around 30 years of life.

When are you planning on visiting BL (and what are you interested in seeing?) If you don't mind company during your one-on-one vacation with your son, I'd be down for meeting for a beer or two if the schedule works out.

I haven't gotten caught up with all the posts yet... I'll have to go back and read more. But that would be nice. Just to meet up for a beer or 2 or something. August 1st through 6th we'll be in Philly... minus 2 days to attend a family reunion north of there. We're staying about 2 blocks from city hall. We mostly just want to look at the buildings. Catch the bus or trolley, cruise around, look around, and stop in anywhere that looks like it's a good atmosphere to have a good brew. Eat. Relax. Look at more buildings, walk around. Stop and have another beer. Nothingness, no set plans. Our least busy day will be August 5th, a Monday. We'll be back from the family reunion on Sunday night and the train to take us back home doesn't leave until around noon on Tuesday.

I haven't gotten caught up with all the posts yet... I'll have to go back and read more. But that would be nice. Just to meet up for a beer or 2 or something. August 1st through 6th we'll be in Philly... minus 2 days to attend a family reunion north of there. We're staying about 2 blocks from city hall. We mostly just want to look at the buildings. Catch the bus or trolley, cruise around, look around, and stop in anywhere that looks like it's a good atmosphere to have a good brew. Eat. Relax. Look at more buildings, walk around. Stop and have another beer. Nothingness, no set plans. Our least busy day will be August 5th, a Monday. We'll be back from the family reunion on Sunday night and the train to take us back home doesn't leave until around noon on Tuesday.

The PhillyPhlash bus is a good option for getting around - it runs from the waterfront out to the zoo and is $2 a ride (they used to have an all day ride option but I'm not sure they offer that anymore.) There's quite a bit of interesting architecture in the city. I'm going on vacation that Saturday (the 3rd) but would probably be able to meet you for a beer or two on Thursday. What time are you due to arrive?

The PhillyPhlash bus is a good option for getting around - it runs from the waterfront out to the zoo and is $2 a ride (they used to have an all day ride option but I'm not sure they offer that anymore.) There's quite a bit of interesting architecture in the city. I'm going on vacation that Saturday (the 3rd) but would probably be able to meet you for a beer or two on Thursday. What time are you due to arrive?

Thursday at 5:45 PM. That would be a good day for us, when we first get in town. Give us some suggestions on where to go and what to see when we get done with the family thing and have some free time in the city. After the family thing we are staying 2 more nights in Philly, including one entire day and night. I know we'll be ready for a couple beers when we get there and have been looking online at places we could hit that night. :mug:

My best friend Laura makes for a crappy berry picking buddy. She's afraid of bears, she's afraid of rattle snakes, she's afraid of lightning. A million trees out in the woods and she's afraid the lightning will hit the very tree she happens to be standing under. And, I don't think that sound came from a bear, sounded just like Bigfoot to me. In the history of Florida, no one has ever been mauled by a black bear. And same thing with Bigfoot. And the rattle snake we ran over on the Gator tractor vehicle thing, of course it rattled at us. I was trying to make a K-turn, backed over it. The rattling stopped pretty quickly after squashing the center of it's body. She wanted a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch when there was free food right in front of us, well, behind us, I backed over it.

Dancing banana, just because, cheers to anyone brewing today.

:ban:

I wish you guys lived closer. I just got back from a birthday party and I have a half gallon of brew leftover that's quickly going flat and needs to be drank. Everyone liked it, but everyone had to drive. I should have just taken a sixer instead of a couple growlers. Oh well, better too much beer than not enough, right? I don't know why, but I've had this song stuck in my head for a couple days. If I didn't know better, I'd think I just watched Beetlejuice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you guys lived closer. I just got back from a birthday party and I have a half gallon of brew leftover that's quickly going flat and needs to be drank. Everyone liked it, but everyone had to drive. I should have just taken a sixer instead of a couple growlers. Oh well, better too much beer than not enough, right? I don't know why, but I've had this song stuck in my head for a couple days. If I didn't know better, I'd think I just watched Beetlejuice.

YouTube

My birds love this they all start dancing.:D I have faith you can drink a 1/2 gallon:p

1/2 gallon, that's 2 quarts. I could probably easily help you out had I started earlier. I've got to sleep like a rock tonight even though I napped all afternoon. 6 gallons of berries to pick tomorrow. Start at 6:30 AM, by 10 AM should be done. But it's strenuous. You wouldn't think picking berries would be that hard, but it'll wear you out quick. Up, down, walk, up, down, like doing squats for 3 hours+ straight.

Well crap, I liked Sopranos a lot. Tony (Gandolfini) had to go and die. Frick. That guy was cool.

So, for your late night soundtrack, I offer the theme I listened to about 100 times (can't recall). I watched 5 yrs of these shows in about a month. I heard this song every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been getting beat down by the sun lately. I'm doing exterior painting on a house, and it's been 101-105F the last week or so. I haven't kept up with the thread. I get home feeling like I got beat up, and I don't have it in me to type or talk. I just aint what I used to be.

I just finished up the day relaxing in my backyard after it finally cooled off.

back.jpg

I've been getting beat down by the sun lately. I'm doing exterior painting on a house, and it's been 101-105F the last week or so. I haven't kept up with the thread. I get home feeling like I got beat up, and I don't have it in me to type or talk. I just aint what I used to be.

That looks great!

HBT has been calling out to me, but I lack the time to answer lately. I'm having a reoccurring dream that involves wild blackberries and EC-1118. Even wondered, if I went out to a field of blackberries, sprinkled a little yeast on the ones starting to over-ripen, then go back in a few weeks and eat them. Probably wouldn't work, just a dream I had.

Looks like the week after I get back from Pennsylvania, I'm taking hubby to a tractor fest in Tennessee. 4 days. So that will be 12 days of vacation this summer. At these tractor fests, there are always a few guys out in the parking area, drinking beer. I just go introduce myself. They all know hubby so I'm almost famous there. And of course, within a few minutes, they offer me a beer which I gladly except. And that's the rest of the day. "Oh sure, I'll take one more."

That's some beautiful yard.

HBT has been calling out to me, but I lack the time to answer lately. I'm having a reoccurring dream that involves wild blackberries and EC-1118. Even wondered, if I went out to a field of blackberries, sprinkled a little yeast on the ones starting to over-ripen, then go back in a few weeks and eat them. Probably wouldn't work, just a dream I had...
Blackberry wine, yum.:D

Beautiful yard Mike! Hard to believe so hot there but I know what you mean, summers here are brutal, starting around late June and ending in October. But, the first day of summer here was one of the nicest, coolest days we've had in awhile and the past few days really nice. I think it's the calm before the storm, so to speak.

I haven't had much chance to catch up here in a few or maybe more than a few days myself.

Last weekend my son and DIL, and my son's friend drove up from Camp Pendelton to help me do some yard work. I truly appreciated the help. I'd say I'm not as young as I used to be but mainly I'm just not as in good of shape as I use to be.

We spent 8-9 hours on Saturday cleaning up crap bamboo and doing some brick laying in the backyard. Made a few runs to the dump to get rid of green waste.

I didn't get a chance to spend Father's Day with my son and his wife so last weekend was it. Yard work, BBQing, watching some good movies at night and having an accoustical guitar passed around by my son and my daughter, and a few friends who were invited over for good ol' hamburgers on the grill, homemade potato salad, baked beans and chips. It was a really nice day. Makes me question why in the hell I'm moving. Last weekend was the perfect weekend. Just family and friends. No wife, and it was very nice.

Anyway, here's a pic of the bouquet my DIL put together. I showed it to a friend and he asked if they were full sized bottles, hell no. Little airport bottles and really nice. :mug:

f-day-gift-60320.jpg

One more hurdle to overcome in this big move of mine to Hawaii. I must find an apartment for my daughter in Monterey, Ca so she can go to school. The school starts on August 28th! Seems weird to start at the end of the month like that. Once we have her place secured I'm almost worry free. Everything after that is easy in comparison. I need to ship my bikes and car to Hawaii, find myself a room to rent for 3-6 months here in the central valley.

Once my daughter is good to go in an apartment at school life is easy. Everything has worked out so far. Please pray, send good vibes our way. I know a person makes things happen themself and there is no magical answer. But I also do know encouragement, sound advice (sometimes even if a person doesn't want to hear it) is what people who care do.

I'll probably go dormant from HBT again for a week or so. So many things to do.

To my HBT friends
You've seen me before at my wit's end
Truly, indeed, if not for this place
Full of nice people and friends full of grace
I would have not made it this far that is for sure
HBT, is for me a wonderful cure.

Goodnight HBT. I'll be back again sometime next week. I have a week of forced vacation coming up next week. The contract I'm under has already paid my vacation time but out of money for work time, if that makes any sense to you.

Brother Dan. It has indeed been the calm before the storm. Check the forecast for this weekend. Blah. 112, no biggie.

Let me check with my little brother. He's a CHP in Monterey and they tend to be savvy on rental situations as most of them live elsewhere and have crash pads up there that they share. Ill see if he knows of anything offhand.

Working another shift alone tonight. Even though we're not supposed to anymore, for obvious reasons. This is my 6th straight day, then two off, then back on for 7. Man I am ready to move on from here. I start didactic portions of the fire academy for my fire science AS degree in August, then the Academy itself in January. I really can't wait. It's the culmination of a few years of working toward what I wanted to do instead of what made the money. 2.5 years ago my wife looked across the table at me, and asked me, "If you hate the insurance business who much, sell it! What would you so if you could do anything?" I didn't hesitate to say I would fight fire. Two months later the business was sold, most of the business (and divorce) debt was paid off, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders. I didn't realize how heavy that monkey had grown over the 8 years I owned it. I am now a firm believer in doing what it was you wanted to when you were a kid. Work toward it and do it. Chase that dream job. My son has bounced between being a cop and in the military. I will support either of those and will encourage him to pursue what he really wants to do, not that almighty dollar. I literally make 1/6 of what I used to before and I wouldn't think of going back for the money.

Hey, Daniel! Thank you for the encouraging words and potential help. Really looking forward to that beer together. As far as the cornies go. I'm thinking 100$ for three. I have to get rid of some stuff but don't really want to. But I have to and would like to give a Homebrewer, and a friend, a decent deal.

Cheers Brother!

PS., Snaps. Follow your dream. Pretty sure I've lost sight of mine. But not about me, about you! If there is something you love to do, maybe even have to get a bit more schooling to do it. Then my friend, I'd say I'm a bit jealous. There is nothing that will stop a person who has a dream and goal. Those people will and do achieve what they so want.

Paraphrasing, Stauffbier's words I do, indeed, truly believe in your heart and conviction. Go make it happen my friend. Dan's philosophy and idealistic thought for the night.

Sounds like you are indeed set on a noble goal based on your heart desire. Please do that Snaps, Daniel!

BobbiLynn said:
HBT has been calling out to me, but I lack the time to answer lately. I'm having a reoccurring dream that involves wild blackberries and EC-1118. Even wondered, if I went out to a field of blackberries, sprinkled a little yeast on the ones starting to over-ripen, then go back in a few weeks and eat them. Probably wouldn't work, just a dream I had.

Looks like the week after I get back from Pennsylvania, I'm taking hubby to a tractor fest in Tennessee. 4 days. So that will be 12 days of vacation this summer. At these tractor fests, there are always a few guys out in the parking area, drinking beer. I just go introduce myself. They all know hubby so I'm almost famous there. And of course, within a few minutes, they offer me a beer which I gladly except. And that's the rest of the day. "Oh sure, I'll take one more."

Are you gonna be in the nice part of TN? By which I mean the east TN. We don't even like to claim Knoxville as east TN and most everything west of there might as well be a different state.

Getting ready to go for a run when my wife wakes up. At my sister's now in DC. We're country people so the idea of owning an apartment is pretty strange and I'm 99% sure I've never been in a building with a doorman that wasn't a hotel before. Went to the zoo yesterday. We wanted to go to the botanical gardens, but they've been sequestrated and aren't open tues-thurs anymore. I bet if Haliburton had a contract to run the national bonzai museum it would be open....

Politics aside, making the rest of the drive to Philly later today and then our much awaited trip to Tired Hands to kick off our first NHC! I'm gonna be one hung over worn out hillbilly by Sunday. :D

snaps10 said:
Brother Dan. It has indeed been the calm before the storm. Check the forecast for this weekend. Blah. 112, no biggie.

Let me check with my little brother. He's a CHP in Monterey and they tend to be savvy on rental situations as most of them live elsewhere and have crash pads up there that they share. Ill see if he knows of anything offhand.

Working another shift alone tonight. Even though we're not supposed to anymore, for obvious reasons. This is my 6th straight day, then two off, then back on for 7. Man I am ready to move on from here. I start didactic portions of the fire academy for my fire science AS degree in August, then the Academy itself in January. I really can't wait. It's the culmination of a few years of working toward what I wanted to do instead of what made the money. 2.5 years ago my wife looked across the table at me, and asked me, "If you hate the insurance business who much, sell it! What would you so if you could do anything?" I didn't hesitate to say I would fight fire. Two months later the business was sold, most of the business (and divorce) debt was paid off, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders. I didn't realize how heavy that monkey had grown over the 8 years I owned it. I am now a firm believer in doing what it was you wanted to when you were a kid. Work toward it and do it. Chase that dream job. My son has bounced between being a cop and in the military. I will support either of those and will encourage him to pursue what he really wants to do, not that almighty dollar. I literally make 1/6 of what I used to before and I wouldn't think of going back for the money.

I hear ya snaps! I was working myself (probably literally) to death for a few years. Taking it easy this year and I won't say I don't miss the money, but the you can't buy sanity or well being.

Awesome yard Mike. I whine about doing yard work up here and we rarely get that hot! That's dedication.

Dan - good for you on following your dream, and best of luck with the academy!

Right on! I took a job teaching 4 years ago, taking a massive 50% pay cut, but I love getting into that classroom and I have time and freedom in my life. Won't ever own a yacht, but I really don't care. I live pretty simply with my wife, and things are good.

I believe it was Lily Tomlin that said that the winner of the rat race was still a rat. The rats can have their race, I'd rather be happy.

I've been working my butt off trying to lose my Homebrew belly and build some muscle before entering the hell hole. I've been racing bicycles since I was 12 and my mentality and training has always been strong legs, light upper body. Suddenly I'm facing the realization that I have to throw a long ladder, drag heavy hose, etc...alone in the academy. P90X is kicking my butt.

Making the move to kegging, just picked up my first two ball locks $35 for 2. I put an ad out on our local FB classifieds and got a Mexican dude who has several. He brought me these two but says he has 5 more that he will sell me for $100. Score.

image-3208575352.jpg

Making the move to kegging, just picked up my first two ball locks $35 for 2. I put an ad out on our local FB classifieds and got a Mexican dude who has several. He brought me these two but says he has 5 more that he will sell me for $100. Score.

Buy them all or be sorry later. I like the ball locks. They are harder to find here.

What's with the stem in middle the left keg? Looks like a Schrader valve.

Back