I hate jackasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
So for over 3 weeks I have been putting together a trip for a couple us guys at work.

2 days of hunting (mostly rabbits and Grouse) but I got my stuff incase we found a legal moose and Black bear.
1 day of a Chartered fishing trip on the Kenai at a good discount 175 vs 250 per person.

I got the rifles, All the equipment and blocked out a day with my Uncle in Law (who owns the fishing charter). I scouted the hunting area and found an awesome place to camp.

Today one of my friends who was bringing his roomate calls me and tells me he cant go now because he just paid $1,000 on a Pittbull. Who the **** pays a grand for a Pitt?

Then he gets mad at me when I tell him its ****ed up- considering thats over 500$ out of my uncle in laws pocket. He was doing us a favor. He then proceeds to tell me its his wifes birthday that weekend and I knew that. So I shouldnt be suprised he cancelled.

WTF? What an *******. This is going to make working awesome considering its just me and him in the Office.

Anyone want to go fishing?

Here's what you do:

Catch/shoot a big ass fish/moose/bear. Cut the head off, wrap and freeze it well so it will keep. Invite him and the wife over for dinner one night and pay some schlub to break into his house and leave the animal head in his bed. Maybe even put a little visine into their drinks so they go poo poo everywhere.

That is seriously ****ed up. It's too bad you have to work with him because if it someone did that to me I'd just stop hanging out with them at all.

That is seriously messed up. When he said "its his wifes birthday that weekend and I knew that. So I shouldnt be suprised he cancelled."

You should have said something like "You also knew it was your wife's birthday and maybe should have planned more than a week in advance"

well then count me out some jackass couldnt make it to a hazwoper physical and now i am stuck on the slope till the fourth and might even be longer, well good luck with the hunting, watch out for those wart moose, and happy fishing.

Here's what you do:

Catch/shoot a big ass fish/moose/bear. Cut the head off, wrap and freeze it well so it will keep. Invite him and the wife over for dinner one night and pay some schlub to break into his house and leave the animal head in his bed. Maybe even put a little visine into their drinks so they go poo poo everywhere.

Quoting this, because if you don't do it you're a poosy.

Does it mess up everyone else's trip or make everyone else's cost go up to cover his lacking, or is it just one less person that your uncle makes money off of? And did he give you a down payment and or say 100% I'm in?
Not saying you're like this, But I've had friends who will plan something, ask you, you'll say "maybe, I'll check my calendar" or "depends on finances, I'll let you know" then when you say you can't they get all pissy like you guaranteed them you'd go or you were jumping off the plane half way there.

Sometimes it's a communication where one person says, Maybe, the other person hears, who do I make the down payment out to, I call top bunk."

I specifically said you need to commit to this and he said yes. I explained the cost. He was cool with that.

But now it looks like I found a guy and his son to go with me.

I specifically said you need to commit to this and he said yes. I explained the cost. He was cool with that.

I'm glad you found someone to go- I'd love a trip like that. Well, I know I wouldn't be invited, of course, but I think it would be an awesome trip.

I have a friend who keeps their boat in Whittier, and we loved going out in the Sound. It was my favorite thing to do- fishing, watching some glaciers calve, and more fishing.

Damn, thats some ****ed up passive-aggressive stuff to pull man. Its not your fault its HIS wifes B-day that weekend and he didnt have the foresight to NOT ACCEPT the invitation because of a conflict. And he tries to make you feel guilty because he canceled. What a dick...
-Me

whittier fishing for Halibut rocks. As well as the massive shrimps you can get there.

And, some nice silvers! We loved trolling for silvers. Halibut and salmon were my favorite fish, that's for sure.

My friend got an octopus in his shrimp pot- which was fine but he managed to get inked before he released it. Very funny stuff.

My friend got an octopus in his shrimp pot- which was fine but he managed to get inked before he released it. Very funny stuff.

He got a tattoo from the octopus?
He gave the octopus a tattoo?

Damn, that is funny now that I think about it :p
-Me

Yah what kind of dyck commits to this on his wifes birthday. He should apologize. He f'ed up and forgot about it and is now being *****bag about the situation.

Maybe he should send his wife on the trip as a gift. He prolly forgot to get one for her. Unless her gift is the dog. I somehow doubt that!!!

Good to hear you found some replacements!!! :rockin:

Well, next time get the $$$ up front and then if he drops out you can refund ONLY if you get someone else to cover his spot. It was a very *****ey thing to do to ya.

That sucks man. Glad you found someone.

Well, next time get the $$$ up front and then if he drops out you can refund ONLY if you get someone else to cover his spot. It was a very *****ey thing to do to ya.
+1, say next time, sorry man You bailed and nearly screwed us all last time. I need money up front from you to save you a spot.

I thought about what this buttwad said and the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. "But Dude, you KNEW it was my wifes birthday!"

IOW the content of his thought process went somewhere along these lines...

1. You knew I was going to **** you, I mean after all, how much a punk would I be to take off on my wife on her birthday. So it's clearly YOUR fault for accepting me at my word and thinking that I would go along. How stupid are you, anyways?

2. I just spent a grand on a dog. Ya, I know I said I would go along on the trip but when I was offered the puppy I assessed my checking account, determined that I didn't have enough money to do both and needed to come up with an excuse to bail out on hanging with my 'friends.' So I decided to claim that the dog pound charged me 5 times what it truely did, I created some fictitious "breeder" so that you wouldn't know I got the puppy from the MSCPA cause the former owner got sent to the county lockup for dealing. But look at what a badass I am now, walking around with a PITBULL. Ya I'm bad, allright! Mess with me and I'll turn her loose on your ass.
"Hey. Hey! No!!! Stop! Stop!!!! Oh, sheet! Oh no, no, no , no!!!! I can't believe it! I just WALKED you an hour ago. Now how am I supposed to explain to Mom what happened to her favorite blanket? Crap!!!" Mom is going to KILL me!

Lets face it, bro, you got ****ty taste in friends.

PTN

Next time you see him just kick him in the junk and tell him its been real. :rockin:

You a sloper? And by that I dont mean asian

i grew up hunting in wainwright never need some guy to tell me how much to harvest, where or when i can hunt, i know the seasons when the meat on caribou is fat and where the geese fly. how many seal skins it take to make an umiak. sorry about my raint a guy at work tried to go off on the subsistance hunting and the blantent waste of the point hope kids who in my mind should be kicked off the slope and never be aloud to bear arms for any reason. but to answer your orginal question yes i am i work oil spill response

I thought about what this buttwad said and the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. "But Dude, you KNEW it was my wifes birthday!"

IOW the content of his thought process went somewhere along these lines...

1. You knew I was going to **** you, I mean after all, how much a punk would I be to take off on my wife on her birthday. So it's clearly YOUR fault for accepting me at my word and thinking that I would go along. How stupid are you, anyways?

2. I just spent a grand on a dog. Ya, I know I said I would go along on the trip but when I was offered the puppy I assessed my checking account, determined that I didn't have enough money to do both and needed to come up with an excuse to bail out on hanging with my 'friends.' So I decided to claim that the dog pound charged me 5 times what it truely did, I created some fictitious "breeder" so that you wouldn't know I got the puppy from the MSCPA cause the former owner got sent to the county lockup for dealing. But look at what a badass I am now, walking around with a PITBULL. Ya I'm bad, allright! Mess with me and I'll turn her loose on your ass.
"Hey. Hey! No!!! Stop! Stop!!!! Oh, sheet! Oh no, no, no , no!!!! I can't believe it! I just WALKED you an hour ago. Now how am I supposed to explain to Mom what happened to her favorite blanket? Crap!!!" Mom is going to KILL me!

Lets face it, bro, you got ****ty taste in friends.

PTN

Its hard to find good friends my age- There are 2 crowds. 1 who would spend 500$ a night at the bar vs actually doing something and the other crowd who is older and does things I couldnt possibably afford.

It sucks being 30, having kids and responsibilities, yet not knowing anyone in the same mindset.

Good people arent around like they used to be

I can relate as a new dad, i feel left out of a lot of things. Its got to the point where I am not even asked anymore to go out because they know I wont be able to most of the time.

It sucks being 30, having kids and responsibilities, yet not knowing anyone in the same mindset.

Its not that bad, getting plowed at a bar and driving home is no good. You party more at home or at HB buddies homes. Having a family-life brings you joy that they don't have and are seeking out at the bar.

Well, err cheap casual sex leading to marriage and kids! :D

He then proceeds to tell me its his wifes birthday that weekend and I knew that. So I shouldnt be suprised he cancelled.
WTF? What an *******. This is going to make working awesome considering its just me and him in the Office.

Anyone want to go fishing?

F' his wife . . . no seriously . . . . if being in the office is gonna suck anyway :tank:

Doesn't help right now, but I wouldn't invite him on any more trips. Or if you do, and he tries to hand you money for the trip, make like you didn't really expect him to want to go so you filled his spot already. Either way, make sure he never forgets that he bagged out on you.

Latest posts

Back