I don't like my bosses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
It's 2:26 in the a.m. monday morning, and I've been in the office since about 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning. I'm doing a bunch of work to make my boss look good in his meeting tomorrow (rather today I guess), and I'll get no credit for it. I hope my resume gets some hits on it pretty quick once I get it out there so I can get out of this place. My bosses are running their business into the ground and I'm wanting to get out before the big crash. I'm paid competitively enough, but I don't get the benefits, that most places I've looked at offer. They can never get a project out on time, and they're losing good clients as a result. This project I'm working on was due on the 22nd of June and I didn't even get it to work on unil it was already a week late. Now I'm up all night to do work that should have been given to me over a week ago to do, but didn't get until friday. Where are my bosses you might ask......They're at home asleep. I guess they don't care enough about this work to be here doing it now, so I have to do it for them. I guess that's what you get for being the boss though, a bunch of employees to piss on.

Rant over.

Sorry for that, and thanks for letting me rant. It's prolly kinda jumbled up as I'm tired and ready to leave, to climb into bed with the wife.

Wow JeepGuy, I sympathize with you. I haven't ever found myself in that situation, but it has always been one of my biggest fears that I would. Here's to hoping your resume gets a second look at a few quality places.

Sounds like you are pretty indispensable. I speak from personal experience: it'll be great to leave them holding their balls when you quit

It's a real ***** to be the guy who gets the job done and not get credit for it. It's a totally different thing if your bosses are cool enough to give credit where it is deserved.

The only recourse you have is the satisfaction you have knowing that when you leave they will be scrambling to make up for you being gone.

Sorry to hear that. Not sure where you are in Kansas, but if you are near the Missouri boarder/Kansas City you should look into jobs at Alliance Data. I work at a location in Columbus Ohio for them, and they are a great company to work for. They take good care of us. The website is www.alliancedata.com.

Good luck on the job hunt!

Foreigner said:
Sounds like you are pretty indispensable. I speak from personal experience: it'll be great to leave them holding their balls when you quit

I've been plotting this for weeks...and it's coming along nicely!

98EXL said:
I've been plotting this for weeks...and it's coming along nicely!

I got told "a little notice would have been nice." I said I would have acted indispensable had I been treated as such

Edit: oh, and 1 month later they begged me to come back and train the 3 people they hired to replace me. Imagine my amusement. They could have paid me the equivalent of 2 1/2 people and still been better off.

Sorry to hear that. Not sure where you are in Kansas, but if you are near the Missouri boarder/Kansas City you should look into jobs at Alliance Data. I work at a location in Columbus Ohio for them, and they are a great company to work for. They take good care of us. The website is www.alliancedata.com.

Good luck on the job hunt!

I'm actually in Overland Park. I might check that out if I don't find anything more in line with what I'm doing, and what I'm in school for. I'm in mechanical engineering at UMKC now, and I'm doing drafting work mixed with design work right now.

Welcome to the club JeepGuy!

I swear you must work at my company, but I'm in Maryland.

My bosses are also running things into the ground. Good people have been leaving the department for 2 years straight and morale is at an all time low, and they plod along thinking everything is just fine.

Boy will they have some shock in store for them in the next 3-4 months as my entire group seems to be looking for new employment.

Yeah, the turnover rate on employees here is just incredible. I've been here 2 years, held on for a while just for 'experience'. I've been here longer than anybody else except my 2 bosses. After me the longest anybody currently here has been here is about 13 months. Right now there are only 8 employees for this little engineering company, not including the bosses. In my 2 years here, I've seen 5 employees come and go already. 4 of us are now actively job hunting to get out of here. Of the 8 employees 3 have been here less than a month. The company will be totally screwed when the 4 of us that are looking find other jobs because we're the only ones that know what is going on.

the other boss I do like just Ok'd office beers. So we are drinking the best crappy beer ever:

150px-NationalBohemianCoaster.gif

/OT

Back