What did I order while drinking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

That's what she said!
Reaction score
Well, I woke up this morning to a bunch of emails saying my order had shipped. WTF? How can something ship if you don't order it.

Apparently, after going on a grain search I found what seemed to be a good deal (aren't all deals good when buzzed) on grain from morebeer. So next week I'm getting 3, yes three (3) 55lb sacks of grain!

I'm not complaining, having these on hand will be nice, I just don't have space right now. My over eagerness has done one over on me.
1 55lb of Weyermann Pilsner
1 55lb of Bestmaltz Vienna
1 55lb of Weyermann Munich II

Kudos!! Done that a couple times myself....Just curious if, thinking back on it, you're now kicking yourself for not ordering more? Maybe you can spend today drinking and reading through the 'grain storage solutions' threads that have online links....wake up tomorrow to have some gamma lids or vittles vaults on the way. ;)
:mug:

Just a personal tip: After the first couple times I did that, I now keep a permanant text file on my desktop with a shopping list of whatever extra disconnects, fittings, o-rings or whatever that aren't criticallly needed or worth the shipping charge individually, but just something I know I will need in future so I can add them to my under-the-influence order.
...only problem is remembering it..twice now, I've forgotten to order extra camlock gaskets. :p
:bigmug:

I just ran that three bag buy through Morebeer's checkout and HOLY COW! :oops:
Do you at least get free shipping on that?

I use Google Keep for shopping lists across a number of categories, including one dedicated to Brewing. Anytime/anywhere I think of something I need I add it to the appropriate list - and decide if I really need it later. Along with being handy on all my computers/devices it has definitely cut down on duplicate purchases :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
What!?! More Beer finally got Weyermann pilsner back in stock and never bothered to notify me? I always get excited until I go to put it in my cart and they tell me it's out of stock.

But more to the point, how'd you pull off that order? SWMBO'd would be righteously P.O.'d at me, but if I could blame it on day drinking.... between Bowl Games..... after our team got blown out.... Hhmmm. Might work!

Well, I woke up this morning to a bunch of emails saying my order had shipped. WTF? How can something ship if you don't order it.

Apparently, after going on a grain search I found what seemed to be a good deal (aren't all deals good when buzzed) on grain from morebeer. So next week I'm getting 3, yes three (3) 55lb sacks of grain!

I'm not complaining, having these on hand will be nice, I just don't have space right now. My over eagerness has done one over on me.
1 55lb of Weyermann Pilsner
1 55lb of Bestmaltz Vienna
1 55lb of Weyermann Munich II
Sounds like you have quite a few brews in your future! Brew on lol.

I am also subject to this phenomenon when I've had a few too many adult beverages. :bigmug:

But more to the point, how'd you pull off that order? SWMBO'd would be righteously P.O.'d at me, but if I could blame it on day drinking.... between Bowl Games..... after our team got blown out.... Hhmmm. Might work!

For me it was an evening years back when I had a keg of RIS on tap... And was watching my team in the NCAA tournament... Drinking too many pints (yes pints of RIS) while watching my team lose.

A few days later 4# of hops showed up. At which point I realized that I *vaguely* remembered ordering them that night...

For me it was an evening years back when I had a keg of RIS on tap... And was watching my team in the NCAA tournament... Drinking too many pints (yes pints of RIS) while watching my team lose.

A few days later 4# of hops showed up. At which point I realized that I *vaguely* remembered ordering them that night...
I’m liking this whole ‘ordering under the influence’ defense. Spike, Clawhammer, More Beer, look out. Master Card, stand by for launch.

I’m liking this whole ‘ordering under the influence’ defense. Spike, Clawhammer, More Beer, look out. Master Card, stand by for launch.

Brooothru's going have the Po-Po knocking on his door after commenting another "OUI" offense.

Remember kids, "buzzed" ordering is still against the law. Know your limit. Don't click it, or it's a ticket! 🤪

Brooothru's going have the Po-Po knocking on his door after commenting another "OUI" offense.

Remember kids, "buzzed" ordering is still against the law. Know your limit. Don't click it, or it's a ticket! 🤪
Five-O has my address on speed dial. At least my email address. Every time I open a web browser to a mail order brew site, SWMBO’d has an auto alert set up to notify the local constabulary to respond Code 3 Red.

Five-O has my address on speed dial. At least my email address. Every time I open a web browser to a mail order brew site, SWMBO’d has an auto alert set up to notify the local constabulary to respond Code 3 Red.

Yes we know.....

1704580938477.png

Don't do it man. Think of the children............... 🤪

Beer wise, the worst was I drunkenly ordered 10# melodian and 10# special B. I finally worked through the melodian but still have a 5# bag of the special B for too long, my tastes been trending even further away from the sweet stuff, so maybe will get fed to livestock.

With other items, once I woke up in morning and found I'd "won" three ex army trucks on auction. Was kind of concerned, but turns out It would have been fine if I'd won even more from that lot.

Beer wise, the worst was I drunkenly ordered 10# melodian and 10# special B. I finally worked through the melodian but still have a 5# bag of the special B for too long, my tastes been trending even further away from the sweet stuff, so maybe will get fed to livestock.

With other items, once I woke up in morning and found I'd "won" three ex army trucks on auction. Was kind of concerned, but turns out It would have been fine if I'd won even more from that lot.
Mmmm. Melanoidin in the feed grain. Will the steers take on a grainier texture, or will their hides have a slightly darker SRM? I know: the steaks will be ‘maltier’ and have better head retention?

I think you win. I've made some inebriated purchases in the past, but I've never ended up with vehicles... Much less multiple vehicles.

I think you win. I've made some inebriated purchases in the past, but I've never ended up with vehicles... Much less multiple vehicles.
And then I had to arrange pick up at military bases & shipping. But I did get better at it, since I subsequently bought more trucks and some generators. Alas, that era is over, but maybe it is for the best, in my case anyway. [;

Nothing like that, though I did used to own a WW2 jeep.(Willys MB)

Here are pictures auction wins after my first EUCs (end use certificates) cleared. Four pickups and a blazer. Three from auction mentioned above, and two more from another. Went on to buy more, and wish I had bought more that I did.
IMG_1030_2.JPG
IMG_1032_3.JPG
IMG_1025_3.JPG

Nothing like that, though I did used to own a WW2 jeep.(Willys MB)

Here are pictures auction wins after my first EUCs (end use certificates) cleared. Four pickups and a blazer. Three from auction mentioned above, and two more from another. Went on to buy more, and wish I had bought more that I did.
View attachment 838744View attachment 838745View attachment 838746

That K5 is sweet. My dad had an old C10 (C15?). It was a "three on the tree" and I remember sitting on his lap and shifting the gears when I was a little kid. This was back in the 70s, so no way that would fly today.

in the 70s, so no way that would fly today.

I Don't know, I used to run '66 C-20 on the interstate, used it and
66 K-20 and '65 C-60 dump as daily drivers for work into the early '90's. Sadly lost to rust. After that I went diesel.

Back