I didnt vorlof?? Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalbrewer

Reaction score
I'm still new to brewing and I just made a IPA but I forgot to vorlof before spargin. Is that gonna mess my beer up? I know it's to clarify the wort but is that it ?? Will my beer be ok if I just filter it better later

metalbrewer said:
I'm still new to brewing and I just made a IPA but I forgot to vorlof before spargin. Is that gonna mess my beer up? I know it's to clarify the wort but is that it ?? Will my beer be ok if I just filter it better later

Nothing really to worry about. Most of the turbidity should drop out in the fermentor in any case.

Welcome, Metal. And don't worry, your beer will be fine. Any grain debris will settle down into the trub, and when you rack your beer off of it, will be left behind.

Alright that's what I thought but wasn't sure if there was something to it. I'm a rack it to a secondary also so that should help. Also it will be my first time dry hoping with leaf hops I can just toss them in there right? Or will that dirty my brew like pellets do

I think one of the reasons to recirculate and clear the runnings is that any grain bits in the boil may extract tannins when boiling? Either way I have forgot a couple times and had no issues.

Your biggest issue is your spelling. It's vorlauf. You won't get any tannin problems from the little bit that got through. RDWHAHB

Latest posts

Back