I did it!!!! Hanks hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afchad

Reaction score
So, after my first attempt at brewing I not happy with my work. The extract kit I used from Midwest(boundry waters wheat?) had a caramelized taste I did not care for. After discussing my attempt with members on this forum I learned to not add the liquid malt extract until later in the boil...omg was that great advice. I ordered the Hanks hefeweizen kit from Midwest again! It turned out fantastic! I added the dry extract at 60 and then added the liquid extract at 15. My initial gravity was 1.053, it finished at 1.013 for a 5.25% abv. I brewed on 7/22 and kegged it yesterday. Chilled in fridge overnight and force carbed this morning. Im happy to report im typing this while enjoying my second glass! This is actually very tasty! Thanks Hank!

already received my next extract kit. Im going to have a go at the cologne kolsch from Midwest. More pics to follow!:ban::mug:

Back