I am completely confused on buying burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am in the middle of 15 different projects here at home but my buddy got the tubing to build my brew sculpture. a 3 tier gravity system. I have been looking at different burners and I have to admit that I am completely confused. High pressure..low pressure...banjo...hurricane...kick a banjo....etc etc.... I have found the bayou classic banjo burners from walmart for 47 bucks for JUST the burner....OR the entire burner regulator hose stand set up for 80 bucks......I don't need the stand for the brew rig BUT I do need the regulator and hose since what I have now is not the high pressure type, and I honestly have no clue what or where to buy the right kind.Also will a keggle set on that stand?..... They also have the high pressure cast iron bayou classic burner for $17.99 but I don't know what type of regulator and hose I need or where to get them...Can someone just tell me what to buy.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayou-Classic-Banjo-Cooker-with-Hose-Guard/11413753?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11413753

Thanks flomaster.. I already have 2 turkey fryer burners so I have the hoses and regulators for a couple of low pressure ones already. How much more propane do the high pressure ones use?

Back