I am a rookie in the world of brewed beverages. Any recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeerRookie do you post about beer on your social media accounts(FB, IG, Twitter, etc.), or just on your blog? Integrating all those platforms together is a guaranteed way to get more page hits from people who follow or find you on social media but wouldn't otherwise look for or stumble across an obscure WordPress blog.

Well nobody believed me when I confirmed GoodGourdPlease as a real human being, so I don't know why I bother. Nevertheless, one of the first things I did was check into BeerRookie's identity and I can confirm that she is indeed a real person with long-standing accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Gene never check into me. Srs. Please don't, it will not be pretty. Neither drunk me or sober me needs to know what we actually get up to.

BeerRookie do you post about beer on your social media accounts(FB, IG, Twitter, etc.), or just on your blog? Integrating all those platforms together is a guaranteed way to get more page hits from people who follow or find you on social media but wouldn't otherwise look for or stumble across an obscure WordPress blog.

Subtle, Julian. Real subtle.

Subtle, Julian. Real subtle.

That's how I got the first 400 views. I'm pretty sure my followers on all my platforms are a little over seeing the post come across their feeds. I only post now when I have new content. I have another blog due tomorrow so I'll post again across my social media accounts on Saturday. Not here though...So don't worry guys.

How does my post define me as a troll ?

Since you are a real person, let me summarize the ways in which this situation comes off as a tad..... suspicion inducing.

Real person arrives Tuesday and by Thursday we have:
- A splashy introduction, seemingly designed to catch a lot of attention quickly.
- A favorite beer that seems perfectly calibrated to irk some folks (weird adjunct flavorings, crass beer name, etc.)
- A top 5 favorite beer list that includes, like, 2 actual beers on it
- Discussion of cleavage and your "decent rack"
- Discussion of the finer points of semen flavor
- Discussion of s'mores not fitting in your mouth and the marshmallow getting you all sticky
- "I have a boyfriend but he hasn't bought be a ring sooooo ;)"
- Discussion of dropping acid

Now, none of these things is bad at all! Like I said, I like a change of pace around here because we're fairly homogenous. And none of these things is particularly strange on its own. But we're like 48 hours in and it's a lot to process, eh? Either you're just randomly a very big, expressive personality or something fishy is up. When deviants are out there creating vanilla-obsessed fake accounts for fun, people suspect fishy first.

~~~

At this point my theory is that you're the very real cousin or kid sister of one of these yukyuks and you were sent here with the simple instructions of "Act like you don't know much about beer. Be a little provocative and eye-catching with the comments you make. People will go insane and it'll be hilarious."

I regret clicking on your blog.
As the most (citation needed) abused and piss taken out of person on this site, I call out of order.

User on here are some of the funniest, cruelest and imaginative people I have come across. Taking the piss is an art form this site has perfected.

Be funny, take the piss, but **** why go ****ing wanker troll? BeerRookie seems to have proved she/he has a set of balls. She has taken a round of abuse, not run away, snapped back, took the piss and taken this site exactly how it was intented.

Take the piss, she'll snap back, but being a Bellend is kind of lame.

Edit in before tosh has a new crush, poor sb67 .

Srs. This thread has veered from awesome to train wreck. Stop being wankers, keep Talk Beer Awesome.

You might try posting this on Facebook. There's a great beer group on there called "Sour and Barrel-Aged Ale Enthusiasts" full of mature, sophisticated, and friendly beer drinkers with tremendous beer drinking experience and refined palates that I'm sure would be delighted to contribute to this.

Would you recommend that shower group I hear so much about?

You have to get 1000 views for your class? You can buy 10k views 12 bucks, just google that **** dude.

Take your spam somewhere else ****er.

I need to meet you one day <3

Well nobody believed me when I confirmed GoodGourdPlease as a real human being, so I don't know why I bother. Nevertheless, one of the first things I did was check into BeerRookie's identity and I can confirm that she is indeed a real person with long-standing accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
giphy.gif

As the most (citation needed) abused and piss taken out of person on this site, I call out of order.

User on here are some of the funniest, cruelest and imaginative people I have come across. Taking the piss is an art form this site has perfected.

Be funny, take the piss, but **** why go ****ing wanker troll? BeerRookie seems to have proved she/he has a set of balls. She has taken a round of abuse, not run away, snapped back, took the piss and taken this site exactly how it was intented.

Take the piss, she'll snap back, but being a Bellend is kind of lame.

Edit in before tosh has a new crush, poor sb67 .

Srs. This thread has veered from awesome to train wreck. Stop being wankers, keep Talk Beer Awesome.

Completely agree. This thread is TB defined. In 13 pages I've seen the best, the worst, the best, and then the worst again of this community.

BeerRookie, do the views have to come solely from WordPress, or were you allowed to choose your CMS? When it comes to visibility, Medium is the new hotness - and I think they make importing from WP a breeze. If that's not allowed, shitty, but if there's a grey area, by all means go for it. From a pure marketing perspective, Medium has considerably more opportunities for not just engagement, but feedback and insights into what works (and doesn't works) with readers.

Since you are a real person, let me summarize the ways in which this situation comes off as a tad..... suspicion inducing.

- A splashy introduction, seemingly designed to catch a lot of attention quickly.
- A favorite beer that seems perfectly calibrated to irk some folks (weird adjunct flavorings, crass beer name, etc.)
- Discussion of s'mores not fitting in your mouth and the marshmallow getting you all sticky

Now, none of these things is bad at all! Like I said, I like a change of pace around here because we're fairly homogenous. And none of these things is particularly strange on its own. But we're like 48 hours in and it's a lot to process, eh? Either you're just randomly a very big, expressive personality or something fishy is up. When deviants are out there creating vanilla-obsessed fake accounts for fun, people suspect fishy first.

~~~

At this point my theory is that you're the very real cousin or kid sister of one of these yukyuks and you were sent here with the simple instructions of "Act like you don't know much about beer. Be a little provocative and eye-catching with the comments you make. People will go insane and it'll be hilarious."

I'm nobody's cousin or sister here. I grew up with boys so I'm good at standing my ground and far as my so-called eye-catching comments, I like to cause a ruckus and instigate conversation. I'm a Gemini and a communication major, I live to get a reaction out of people. The cleavage conversation was started by someone else, but I'm aware I have a nice set of boobs as I've been told before and I'm not going to wear clothes that aren't flattering because a bit of exposed cleavage. The acid conversation is fun because I am typically a "girl next door" type and I can't talk about that stuff in my everyday life because it's off-putting to those around me and again it stimulated an interesting conversation.

~~~

Let the games begin..
anchorman-fight-o.gif

Completely agree. This thread is TB defined. In 13 pages I've seen the best, the worst, the best, and then the worst again of this community.

BeerRookie, do the views have to come solely from WordPress, or were you allowed to choose your CMS? When it comes to visibility, Medium is the new hotness - and I think they make importing from WP a breeze. If that's not allowed, shitty, but if there's a grey area, by all means go for it. From a pure marketing perspective, Medium has considerably more opportunities for not just engagement, but feedback and insights into what works (and doesn't works) with readers.

The views can from wherever. The point is to get traffic.

I'm nobody's cousin or sister here. I grew up with boys so I'm good at standing my ground and far as my so-called eye-catching comments, I like to cause a ruckus and instigate conversation. I'm a Gemini and a communication major, I live to get a reaction out of people. The cleavage conversation was started by someone else, but I'm aware I have a nice set of boobs as I've been told before and I'm not going to wear clothes that aren't flattering because a bit of exposed cleavage. The acid conversation is fun because I am typically a "girl next door" type and I can't talk about that stuff in my everyday life because it's off-putting to those around me and again it stimulated an interesting conversation.

Hey man, you do you. I'm not judging you for it - just telling you why we are slow to believe it's not a game. When sb67 arrived there was similar suspicion and all she did was be a female and like cars at the same time (INCONCEIVABLE).

If you're the real deal and you stick around long enough that people lose their suspicions, it'll be fun times for all. I mean tosh is presumed to be a real person now, right?

Just don't **** off when you hit that 1,000 hit. Some of these Gobshites need more people calling them out as wankers.

Srs, don't just **** off. Keep the beer thing going.

Hey man, you do you. I'm not judging you for it - just telling you why we are slow to believe it's not a game. When sb67 arrived there was similar suspicion and all she did was be a female and like cars at the same time (INCONCEIVABLE).

If you're the real deal and you stick around long enough that people lose their suspicions, it'll be fun times for all. I mean tosh is presumed to be a real person now, right?
Still a Ryan_G troll account, but thanks for asking.

The views can from wherever. The point is to get traffic.
Check Medium.com out then. It's kind of another blog platform that also has its own social network of sorts, so you have the potential for more visibility.

You essentially have to repost all your blog posts on another pseudo-platform, but if it's allowed, **** it. Also, like I said, I think there's an easy way to port your WordPress account into it anyway, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Well it all makes sense now that I know you're a Gemini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back