I’m loving Napoleon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzOr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The yeast not the person. So much so, I think I’m developing a complex.

The yeast is fast and flocculates like a mofo.

The pics were taken 10 days after pitch. 7 days in primary vessel then t’fered to Carboys 3 days ago on some lees.

The flavor isn’t stripped and is quite complex. I’m gonna age this because I have quite a bit of cider in kegs and bottles and because I’m gonna drop some oak cubes soon.

If you’re in a rush this is a great yeast to use and is totally drinkable now. This may become my house cider yeast from now on.

This was fermented at upper 60’s.
My garage is finally warming up so I’ll be fermenting another batch at higher temps and will report back.
08ABD6B4-CE7F-4C9B-A09B-99555344B342.jpeg
00D742D1-8111-4609-9A6F-C3E51350F575.jpeg

The yeast not the person. So much so, I think I’m developing a complex.

The yeast is fast and flocculates like a mofo.

The pics were taken 10 days after pitch. 7 days in primary vessel then t’fered to Carboys 3 days ago on some lees.

The flavor isn’t stripped and is quite complex. I’m gonna age this because I have quite a bit of cider in kegs and bottles and because I’m gonna drop some oak cubes soon.

If you’re in a rush this is a great yeast to use and is totally drinkable now. This may become my house cider yeast from now on.

This was fermented at upper 60’s.
My garage is finally warming up so I’ll be fermenting another batch at higher temps and will report back.View attachment 689560View attachment 689561
I’m about all thing Imperial when it comes to yeast. I just used Rustic for 2 of the 3 Belgian farmhouse mix fermentation’s I’m doing. Dropped them pretty clear even with Brett and lacto in the equation

I’m about all thing Imperial when it comes to yeast. I just used Rustic for 2 of the 3 Belgian farmhouse mix fermentation’s I’m doing. Dropped them pretty clear even with Brett and lacto in the equation
Yeah me too. In the last few years I think I only used one or two non Imperial yeast for beer.
A couple of times I used global and harvest for lagers and used half a pouch and saved the rest for a later batch. I bet most people here would think that’s blasphemous but it worked with no off flavors.

Back