Hunaphu Day & Tampa Bay Beer Week (3/1-3/9)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a buddy who's down there right now...I keep bugging him for updates.

Pants shutting?
zp0Q39t.png

Cigar City Brewing
As we figure out how to make up for the nightmare that happened today, we'd line to start with this mea culpa: all draft beer in the tasting room tomorrow will be FREE. We will not charge a dime for any beers served in the tasting room tomorrow. We are going to try and tap all of the remaining kegs leftover from today, too.

However we will still be hyper vigilant about over serving people who are intoxicated.

lmao its gonna be a ******** 2 days in a row

Terri OShaughnessyThanks! I fly out tomorrow! I not only feel like I wasted $50 on your event but airfare and hotel. How will you repay me for that. Thx for the 3 hour line to get in and the 2 hour line to get 3 beers. You have no idea what a disaster you created. Stick to strip clubs where the standards are low.

Cigar City Brewing
As we figure out how to make up for the nightmare that happened today, we'd line to start with this mea culpa: all draft beer in the tasting room tomorrow will be FREE. We will not charge a dime for any beers served in the tasting room tomorrow. We are going to try and tap all of the remaining kegs leftover from today, too.

However we will still be hyper vigilant about over serving people who are intoxicated.

this seems like a horrible idea...

and I'm sure 7venth Sun will be thrilled with this development.

Cigar City Brewing

Can the self awareness get any worse? How can anybody think that giving away free beer is not going to cause another cluster****

Bad video but you get the gist.

I'm almost willing to sacrifice the 4 bottles I may or may not have coming at this point just to see this...

:rolleyes:

Haha I was about 20 people behind the person that took this video. There was a good 200 or so behind me. I laughed when we got shut out. It was the only think you could do.

(I think I'm more mad about the cases of DB Huna that they sold after it was supposed to be "Catador exclusive". Why did I pay $120 if they released every Catador bottle to the public?)

(I think I'm more mad about the cases of DB Huna that they sold after it was supposed to be "Catador exclusive". Why did I pay $120 if they released every Catador bottle to the public?)
So much of this. I could have saved my 125 shown up early which I was told not to do and gotten all the bottles I wanted...

I feel bad for the people that showed up "on time" and waited hours to get in. I was there an hour early and I'm the first 10 to get morning delight (which was good but really overrated, Kaldi stout from Quest brewing in SC is better). Best draft pour of the day was probably the rum white oak pineapple IPA and the Wakefield Berliners.

I feel bad for the people that showed up "on time" and waited hours to get in. I was there an hour early and I'm the first 10 to get morning delight (which was good but really overrated, Kaldi stout from Quest brewing in SC is better). Best draft pour of the day was probably the rum white oak pineapple IPA and the Wakefield Berliners.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.(hopefully)

Hope it didn't put a bad taste in your mouth. Are you planning on going to 7venth Sun tomorrow?

My Hunhapu **** show story:

Full disclosure right off the bat, I was fortunate enough to get my 3 bottles of Hunah but had to effectively cut the "mob" that had formed in front of the doors where the bottle sales were going on because waiting in line for 45 minutes resulted in moving 5 feet. Luckily I found a new friend I had met from the Tampa Beer week festivities earlier in the week and he snuck me in through the side where his bottleshare group was posted up. I realize this made me part of the problem but considering the circumstances I can admit I caved on my moral compass for some beer. (The chair/bottleshare locations discussion is for another time.)

In retrospect, foolishly, I showed up around 10:55 like CCB asked. Promptly waited in line for an hour and 45 minutes to get in. When I reached the front of the line I was greeted by two CCB employees with iPhones set to their camera modes and was asked for my ticket. The employee then proceeded to merely wand over the ticket in such a nonchalant fashion I couldn't even call it play acting to scan my ticket.

Once in, the lines for taps were effectively free form abstract works of tangled human bodies. Honestly I wasn't quite sure if I was at a Beer Festival or an orgy at Studio 54. (A lot more clothes, a lot less coke.) Anything remotely rare was pretty much already kicked and the crowd was only getting larger and larger as the line behind me prior to entering was wrapped around the block. Two hours later, an hour in line for bottles alone, I left. Sober, confused, but luckily for me bottles in hand.

After hearing people got shut out and the cops began removing people from the property I feel sick. If this was the only event I had been able to attend this week like the hundreds of other out-of-towners that traveled here for Hunahpu Day, I wouldn't be mad, I would be livid. There is nothing CCB can do to make up for screwing that many people over and nothing they can say to defend themselves.

I met some great people and enjoyed the company of friends I've had the pleasure conversing with on other social media sites, but god damn if that wasn't the worst run cluster **** ever.

Next year if I come down I'm going to Pegs on Friday and going to the beach on Saturday.

Back