How worried should I be with this crack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the responses guys!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

One last thing: cleaning that thing would be risky. Definitely don't stick a bunch of fingers in there to work a sponge as when that crack lets go it'll be a trip to the ER for sure...

Cheers!

You know, when I first clicked on this thread I thought it was from the Boneyard. Sort of glad it wasn't. :mug:

No doubt that's what he means.

Look closer and you'll see lots of cruddy dots all over that flask.
And I've never seen a flask that large with a decimal point. That'd be silly...

Cheers!

This is the close up of the crack ( it is listed as cracked) I circled where it is

1391575778106.jpg

If you don't heat sanitize, you're fine. It won't "harbor nasties" if you do even a halfassed job of sanitizing.

That said, if you don't need it for a stir plate or something, dang, get a 1 gallon carboy. They cost nothing. Or rather, as much as a gallon of cider. Plus you get some cider. Realistically you can probably get a good stir going in one of those, too. I swear half the appeal of the flasks is looking like a mad scientist.

I agree. If there's a place that starsan can't get into, how would anything else get in there?

I use 1 gallon pickle jars. They work great on my stir plates with a 1" stir bar.

Thou shall not do math on HBT without first checking with thy "Google " on the interweb to confirm thy answer!

Back